Trunking Recorder - any plans to support DSDPlus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Likely a question for @scannerbox... are there any plans to support streaming files from DSDPlus? Even just scraping data from the filename would be pretty awesome - you'd get time, SysID, call type, talkgroup ID and alias, radio ID and alias (among others.) Thanks!

scannerbox

No plans at the current time, but I'm always looking for enhancement requests. The main issue with watching a folder for new files and scraping data from filenames is it can be unreliable because of data inconsistencies.

The other limitation when I last played with DSDPlus (which was a while ago and could have changed) was it only supported one voice receiver at a time per instance so it was hard to capture all the traffic on a system.

I have spent a little time looking into scraping sdrtrunk audio files since the data is included as metadata tags in the audio file, but there is currently an open bug for an issue with how it creates the data. Recorded audio WAV files incorrect padding in metadata INFO chunk · Issue #556 · DSheirer/sdrtrunk

I would love to see more applications support an official API like Unitrunker does, it makes it so much easier to add support to the application and the official API prevents breakage between versions.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Thanks scannerbox for the update! Yes DSDPlus still only decodes a single talkgroup at a time. I've put in a feature request but who knows. I've only wanted to stream three fire dispatch channels on the system but shy of a mash of VBCable and other software, it's a kludgy setup that never automatically starts up correctly on a reboot (power outage or otherwise.)

DSDPlus is also extremely efficient at system resources. On my i5-4210 1.7GHz laptop, three instances of DSDPlus eats up a mere 10% of CPU time when all are decoding P25 according to Task Manager, <3% just monitoring the trunks. I've also found DSDPlus more accurate at decoding system data for logging purposes so that's why I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.