Trunking Recorder v3.0 - Broadcastify calls and SDRTrunk support

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerbox

Trunking Recorder v3.0 has been released.

This release adds support for uploading calls to the new Broadcastify calls system.

It also adds support for importing SDRTrunk call recordings wave or mp3 files (requires SDRTrunk 0.4.0 final or newer). NOTE: Patch call target labels will not import until SDRTrunk 0.5.0 is released.

Trunking Recorder v3.0 is now 64-bit only and requires .Net 4.7.2.

Trunking Recorder v3.0 can be downloaded from Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker and SDRTrunk

Full list of changes
  • Updated to 64-bit release (requires Windows 64-bit).
  • Updated to .Net 4.7.2 (installer will prompt if it’s not installed).
  • Added support for importing SDRTrunk call wave or mp3 recording files (requires SDRTrunk 0.4.0 final or newer). NOTE: Patch call target labels will not import until SDRTrunk 0.5.0 is released
  • Added support for uploading calls to Broadcastify.
  • Added support for importing and displaying Target and Source "Tag" values from Unitrunker v2.1.0.19 or newer.
  • Added support for HTTPS server (TLS 1.2) using GUI.
  • Added support for requesting certificate from Let's Encrypt CA using ACME protocol.
  • Added automatic ACME certificate renewal.
  • Added ability to temporary lockout talkgroup from a call stream using Web admin page.
  • Added temporary lockout minute configuration to call stream.
  • Added call update pause button to web interface.
  • Added support for synchronizing the Trunking Recorder internal clock using a NTP server (Syncs every 10-360 minutes depending on how stable the machine clock is).
  • Added support for displaying Frequency on Web Interface.
  • Updated Web admin layout
  • Trunking Recorder will now install in "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)".
  • Updated Webserver configuration screen layout.
  • Detect if Unitrunker v1 is running and disable warnings if using Unitrunker v2.
  • Moved Trunking Recorder settings to "settings.config" file instead of the previous version specific file.
  • Updated third-party libraries.
  • Disabled automatic new call loading when using the “All Dates” search feature on the web interface to improve performance.
  • Added security headers to web server response.
  • Added call search request and detail to web admin request log.
  • Added popup message if Call Streaming can't be started because of a sound card issue.
  • Updated license info for third-party modules.
  • Changed Web interface minimum refresh time from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Added popup message if SDRTrunk folder doesn't exists when starting recordings.
  • Added popup error message if not able to start Unitrunker v2 UDP server.
  • Fixed issue where Web interface wasn't updating automatically for “patch” calls when no search settings were selected.
  • Fixed issue where selecting first favorite group wouldn't work on web interface.
  • Fixed issue where Remote.DLL was getting installed in folder on root of C drive if Unitrunker v1 wasn't installed.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm super excited about this production release!

If you want to see two systems on Broadcastify Calls using the new version of Trunking Recorder, see:

jbeen

Feed Provider
Thanks for this great Trunking Recorder update, Jason.

The addition of Broadcastify Calls support along with the new SDRTrunk import capability is huge!!!

If anyone is looking for the ability to record your Unitrunker or SDRTrunk receivers with a nice web playback interface, this is the program to get.

-Josh

Davis_

Premium Subscriber
Trunking Recorder is a MUST HAVE for anyone who wants to record Trunked Radio Systems.

Thanks for the continued updates, Jason. You do excellent work!

B.T.W. The jump from v2.5 to 3.0 has seems to have sped up search results in the web interface.

Is that my imagination, or are there serious search performance improvements in the newest version?

scannerbox

Trunking Recorder is a MUST HAVE for anyone who wants to record Trunked Radio Systems.

Thanks for the continued updates, Jason. You do excellent work!

B.T.W. The jump from v2.5 to 3.0 has seems to have sped up search results in the web interface.

Is that my imagination, or are there serious search performance improvements in the newest version?
There were some performance improvements to the web interface and the jump to 64-bit also helped.

Davis_

Premium Subscriber
I have a Request For Enhancement, if possible...

The Trunking System that I record does about 25,000 transmissions and 975 MB of recordings per day.

I have "Keep Recordings" set to 93 days, but this slows down database searches quite a bit. That's 2,325,000 transmissions and 90 GB of recordings!

I would like to be able to purge the database, but NOT delete the recording files. That way I can keep the database smaller, but still go back to the folders manually and do a search using Windows' standard search box.

Would it be possible to enhance the "Purge" screen to accommodate this? When the user decides to KEEP recordings, you could optionally Pop-Up a warning "Keeping ALL recordings will fill your Storage Drive. Remember to delete unneeded recording folders manually."

I made a suggested GUI example, if it's doable.

Attachments

• TR RFE Keep Recordings.jpg
    TR RFE Keep Recordings.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 41

scannerbox

I have a Request For Enhancement, if possible...

The Trunking System that I record does about 25,000 transmissions and 975 MB of recordings per day.

I have "Keep Recordings" set to 93 days, but this slows down database searches quite a bit. That's 2,325,000 transmissions and 90 GB of recordings!

I would like to be able to purge the database, but NOT delete the recording files. That way I can keep the database smaller, but still go back to the folders manually and do a search using Windows' standard search box.

Would it be possible to enhance the "Purge" screen to accommodate this? When the user decides to KEEP recordings, you could optionally Pop-Up a warning "Keeping ALL recordings will fill your Storage Drive. Remember to delete unneeded recording folders manually."

I made a suggested GUI example, if it's doable.
It might be possible, but I would rather spend the development time on making the searching faster.

What scenarios are you seeing slow searches?
Is it just the "All Dates" search or other search combinations such as a specific day or Talkgroups?
Does the search complete and how long does it take?

Is the Trunking Recorder database and calls stored locally or on a network share?
Is it on a Solid-state drive (SSD) or spinning hard drive?

How large is the "TrunkingRecorderCalls.sqlite3" file?

Can you email me a Support ZIP (don't post it on this forum), see Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker and SDRTrunk for instructions.

da2ricky

Let me first say that Trunking Recorder has made my scanning experience worlds better. Previously I had a physical scanner that I had logging with ProScan. Once I moved to a simulcast area, the hardware scanner I owned was useless and I switched over to SDR scanning. SDRTrunk is great, but now having the ability to log all of the traffic, having the ability to create groups, or select specific TGID's for selective listening is amazing.

Now here are my feature requests:

I use this on my phone and would love if either the screen would stay active so the stream doesn't stop, or there was an option to download a stream file that can be opened with VLC similar to Icecast. I'm not sure how this would work since I usually listen to a specific group I have created rather than everything coming into trunking recorder.

Dark mode would be awesome also :D

Davis_

Premium Subscriber
It might be possible, but I would rather spend the development time on making the searching faster.

What scenarios are you seeing slow searches?
Is it just the "All Dates" search or other search combinations such as a specific day or Talkgroups?
Does the search complete and how long does it take?

Is the Trunking Recorder database and calls stored locally or on a network share?
Is it on a Solid-state drive (SSD) or spinning hard drive?

How large is the "TrunkingRecorderCalls.sqlite3" file?

Can you email me a Support ZIP (don't post it on this forum), see Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker and SDRTrunk for instructions.

It's generally when I use the "Choose a User..." pull down menu.

It'll pop up a notice that says "Processing..." and hang on that for a long time. In the meantime, the system stops responding and sometimes even stops recording while stuck on this message. It happens for at least 5-10 minutes, before I close the window and give up.

the sqlite3 file is 1.21 GB on a Spinning 1 TB drive with 790 GB of free space. Machine is Intel Core i3 with 8 GB RAM.

I'll get you a support file, when I get home tonight.

As I write this reply, it's still stuck on "processing..."

Davis_

Premium Subscriber
35 minutes and still processing, but at least it IS recording new calls.

I just end up using regular Windows search to find by User.

Davis_

Premium Subscriber
When trying to reconnect too soon, after a stall, I get...

Error 500
Internal Server Error

I just wait a minute or two and can get to the server interface again.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Hi Davis.

I could see where that long to search would be a concern and feature request.

My database is similar in size - 1.2GB, 4.6 million calls total.
This is also on a spinning 2TB hard drive.

When I search by a specific user, over All dates, it is returning the result in less than 30 seconds.

Just to confirm, you're running the 3.0.x version of Trunking Recorder?
(nevermind, I can see that in the screenshot.)

Hopefully Jason might have some insight after looking at your Support zip, as I'm not seeing those long search times.

Josh

scannerbox

Let me first say that Trunking Recorder has made my scanning experience worlds better. Previously I had a physical scanner that I had logging with ProScan. Once I moved to a simulcast area, the hardware scanner I owned was useless and I switched over to SDR scanning. SDRTrunk is great, but now having the ability to log all of the traffic, having the ability to create groups, or select specific TGID's for selective listening is amazing.

Now here are my feature requests:

I use this on my phone and would love if either the screen would stay active so the stream doesn't stop, or there was an option to download a stream file that can be opened with VLC similar to Icecast. I'm not sure how this would work since I usually listen to a specific group I have created rather than everything coming into trunking recorder.

Dark mode would be awesome also :D
Most smartphones will eventually put the webpage to sleep to save power once the screen goes off and since each call is in a separate file there really isn't any way to keep calls playing.

What I recommend is using the Call Streaming option in Trunking Recorder to play back a selected set of talkgroups to a VAC on the server and then use Radio Feed to send the audio to a Icecast server. You can then use VLC or Scanner Radio (or another scanner app) and connect to Icecast or the Radio Feed stream. (Can be complicated to get fully setup, but is nice once working)

Trunking Recorder supports multiple streams so you can setup any number of seperate streams with various talkgroups.

Eventually I would like to allow direct streams in Trunking Recorder eliminating the need for RadioFeed and Icecast.

Dark mode is on the short enhancement list.

scannerbox

It's generally when I use the "Choose a User..." pull down menu.

It'll pop up a notice that says "Processing..." and hang on that for a long time. In the meantime, the system stops responding and sometimes even stops recording while stuck on this message. It happens for at least 5-10 minutes, before I close the window and give up.

the sqlite3 file is 1.21 GB on a Spinning 1 TB drive with 790 GB of free space. Machine is Intel Core i3 with 8 GB RAM.

I'll get you a support file, when I get home tonight.

As I write this reply, it's still stuck on "processing..."

Is it when you "Choose a User" with "All Dates" also selected or just for the current day?
Even with 2 million plus calls you shouldn't see 25+ minute searches.

Send me a support zip and I will take a look.

Davis_

Premium Subscriber
Is it when you "Choose a User" with "All Dates" also selected or just for the current day?
Even with 2 million plus calls you shouldn't see 25+ minute searches.

Send me a support zip and I will take a look.

Sorry for the delay...

Sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.