Trunking System Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb853

Premium Subscriber
Unlike the prior XT series, there does not seem to be a way to determine whether the scanner is actually receiving a control channel with adequate strength to trunk track. On the XT, the scanner would (could) display the control channel frequency being received and would give a "Finding Control Channel" message if it was not receiving one. I have noted that on the P25 systems the scanner displays "DAT" when receiving a control channel but this does not appear to be the case with a 3600 baud Motorola system or an EDACS system. Am I missing something?

jb853

Premium Subscriber
Yes-I see now that when the scanner sees the control channel it shows on the signal strength meter. Thank you.

troymail

Silent Key
Yes-I see now that when the scanner sees the control channel it shows on the signal strength meter. Thank you.

Something to consider is that just because you have signal, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a control channel and/or that the control channel is being properly decoded. This is supposed to be the point the the DAT on the Unidens and the T on the GREs

Status
Not open for further replies.