trunking vs conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

khvfdff

Ok. I have a question since you can mix conventional and trunked in the same bank. Will that work on the BCD396T. Being able to put channels in a specific order.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The BCD396T does not have banks. You can put a conventional system and a trunked system on the same quick key so that they will turn on/off together, though.

khvfdff

Hey UPMan,

I realize that I have a BCD396T. What I was trying to find out is like on the Alachua County Florida 800 they have some channels that are conventional in amongst the talkgroups. Can the BCD396T be organized in the same fashion.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes. Create a trunked system for the trunked system stuff. Create a conventional system for the conventional channels. Assign them both to the same quick key.

khvfdff

Ok here this may help you understand.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/scanner/acso.htm

If you look at the fire rescue fleet map at the bottom of this page and see channels C9-C14? Will I be able to organize the scanner that same way using the trunked talkgroups and conventional channels in the same order as the Radio map plan without creating two separate banks. I have added them to the bank according to the fleetmap and im going to see the next time I go toward Gainesville if it has distinguished between trunked and conventional. The BCD396T UASD software did accept them as conventional channels.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
C9-C14 are conventional channels outside the trunked radio system. You would program all of the other channels into a trunked system and assign it to a system quick key of, for example, 1. You would program the C9-C14 channels into a conventional system with the same quick key (1). If you hold on a channel in either system and scroll, you will find that the systems are adjacent to one another, so you can scroll back and forth between them. However, there is no way to make the scanner scroll in such a way as to skip from channels in a trunked system to channels in a conventional system and then back to channels in the trunked system.

khvfdff

OK that helps a bunch!!! :D I didn't think that there was a way for a scanner to do that. Do you think that there could ever be a scanner that could do something like that similar to the fire department radios when they do it. I know it may cost alot for something like that but if it were me, I would certainly pay for it so i wouldn't have to have two banks open at the same time but oh well. :D Thanks again!!!

Last edited:

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
khvfdff said:
OK that helps a bunch!!! :D I didn't think that there was a way for a scanner to do that. Do you think that there could ever be a scanner that could do something like that similar to the fire department radios when they do it. I know it may cost alot for something like that but if it were me, I would certainly pay for it so i wouldn't have to have two banks open at the same time but oh well. :D Thanks again!!!

I don't think you are getting the point, the 396 doesn't have banks. It has quick keys, assign the trunked system and the conventional system to the same quick key. It will be as if they were in the same "bank", only it will be a quick key which points to two different systems.

khvfdff

I am woefully aware of that I have a Bcd396t. I dont know where you got blowing my statement out of proportion like you did. I perfectly understand now that there cant be conventional channels as well as trunked talkgroups mixed together. I also perfectly understand that there are quick keys or each system and not banks. I was just makeing sure that you couldn't intermix the two (CONVENTIONAL FREQUENCIES AND TRUNKED TALKGROUPS). All I was also asking is did Upman think that their could be a scanner that could do this in the future that could intermix the channels I know the fire department radios are capable of it. So I dont know where you get off telling me I dont understand when I perfectly do understand what Upman was saying.

Last edited:

seamusg

khvfdff said:
I Am Woefully Aware Of That I Have A Bcd396t. I Dont Know Where You Got Blowing My Statement Out Of Proportion Like You Did. I Perfectly Understand Now That There Cant Be Conventional Channels As Well As Trunked Talkgroups Mixed Together. I Also Perfectly Understand That There Are Quick Keys For Each System And Not Banks. I Was Just Makeing Sure That You Couldn't Intermix The Two (CONVENTIONAL FREQUENCIES AND TRUNKED TALKGROUPS). And All I Was Also Asking Is Did Upman Think That Their Could Be A Scanner That Could Do This In The Future That Could Intermix The Channels I Know The Fire Department Radios Are Capable Of It. So I Dont Know Where You Get Off Telling Me I Dont Understand When I Perfectly Do Understand What Upman Was Saying.
It Is Very Diffucult To Read What You Posted.

khvfdff

I didnt mean to take it personal but i just dont like it when someone tells me i dont understand something when i did understand it. But hey I am over it now that was yesterday today has started a new slate.

Status
Not open for further replies.