trunking with the pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
hello all i have a question i put scdnr and scfc in my scanner seems like im geting trunked transmissions
what id like to do is take these freq. and put them in a trunkbank to see if that works will this mess it up where i cant pickup anything or can i even put 151.*** in a trunk bank since its not in 800mhz range
i just need to know if this will work if MOT dont work ill try EDACS if that dont work ill try LTR etc etc

let me know thnx

w2xq

Mentor
The scanner is object oriented, not trunked. You can mix P25 et al with conventional frequencies. But you do have to make your choice of scanlists. For example, I chose to make a scanlist for each county in my area... plus one for the state police. Other members opt to make each scanlist a service... police, fire, EMS. Since you are a premium member I assume you have the programming cable and you can experiment with the 30-day trials of Win500, ARC, PSR. If you haven't read through the other forums or the Wiki, please have a look. Links, manuals, Q&A all address your questions. HTH.

DickH

hello all i have a question i put scdnr and scfc in my scanner seems like im geting trunked transmissions
what id like to do is take these freq. and put them in a trunkbank to see if that works will this mess it up where i cant pickup anything or can i even put 151.*** in a trunk bank since its not in 800mhz range
i just need to know if this will work if MOT dont work ill try EDACS if that dont work ill try LTR etc etc

let me know thnx

Give an exact freq. and I will see if the FCC database has any info. about it.

Jim41

let me know thnx

Your PRO197 will receive trunked systems in the 150 Mhz frequency range.
The RR Database notes that DNR and FC have talkgroups on the 800 Mhz statewide Palmetto trunked system. The database also lists conventional analog frequencies for DNR and FC, in analog mode. Is it possible that the digital transmissions you are hearing are P25 on a single frequency, not trunked?

Jim41

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.