Trunkview's compatibility with Realtek onboard audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

gama_nz

Hi

I'm trying to get Trunk view to work correctly. I have set the control channel and connected my BCD396T to the line in on my PC and the serial port. I can change channels fine with Trunkview and it is also decoding the control channel fine. But I cannot mute my input like the website says. If I mute line in Trunkview keeps decoding the control channel but it wont UNmute it when a voice call comes up. I also tried the "show volume slider at voice call" but it says: current volume cannot be read. I think the problem is the Realtek onboard sound card because I put a Creative ES1373 sound card in my computer and Trunkview showed the speaker icon in the bottom left corner (it doesn't show this when using the Realtek sound card).

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

gama_nz

Ive tried that and it doesn't work properly with my onboard sound card so i'm just going to keep using the creative one. I also have another problem, Is Trunkview ment to switch channels to get both sides of a conversation? like the scanner has one side of the convo on channel 228 then Trunkview shows this message:

15:16:44 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (006) Org: 2810 Oper: 1
| Ch: 172 Freq: 416.15000 MHz |

When I change to channel 172 on my other scanner the other side of the convo is there so can Trunkview instruct the scanner to switch between the two channels?

Thanks

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I believe so. The end of the voice call is marked by a GTC message to return to the control channel.

gama_nz

Yes trunkview does switch back to the control channel fine but wont switch between two voice channels when the convo is between two channels. The whole convo is sometimes on a single channel though.

Here is an example of when it shows two channels:

16:16:18 - CCSC | Control Channel System Codeword| SYS Id: 4A81
16:16:18 - GTC | Go To Channel - Voice | (008) Org: 2890 Tar: 2893
| Ch: 70 Freq: 414.87500 MHz |
16:16:18 - CCSC | Control Channel System Codeword| SYS Id: 4A81
16:16:19 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2893 Oper: 6
| Ch: 70 Freq: 414.87500 MHz |
16:16:20 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
| Ch: 94 Freq: 415.17500 MHz |
16:16:38 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
16:17:07 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
16:17:15 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
16:17:34 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
16:17:46 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
16:17:50 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 1
16:17:54 - MAINT| Call maintenance message | (008) Org: 2890 Oper: 3
16:17:57 - CLEAR| Call clear-down | Ch: 70 Freq: 414.87500 MHz
| Return to Control Ch: 209 |
16:17:57 - CLEAR| Call clear-down | Ch: 70 Freq: 414.87500 MHz
16:17:58 - CLEAR| Call clear-down | Ch: 70 Freq: 414.87500 MHz

How can I setup Trunkview so it changes the channel?

Thanks

Comint

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to get Trunk view to work correctly. I have set the control channel and connected my BCD396T to the line in on my PC and the serial port. I can change channels fine with Trunkview and it is also decoding the control channel fine. But I cannot mute my input like the website says. If I mute line in Trunkview keeps decoding the control channel but it wont UNmute it when a voice call comes up. I also tried the "show volume slider at voice call" but it says: current volume cannot be read. I think the problem is the Realtek onboard sound card because I put a Creative ES1373 sound card in my computer and Trunkview showed the speaker icon in the bottom left corner (it doesn't show this when using the Realtek sound card).
It would probably help if you also stated what Operating System you are using.

The "volume cannot be read" problem seems to be happening to a number of people at present, and is being discussed in the TrunkView Group on Yahoo.

As for the problem with the MAINT message - in the TrunkView.ini file, you will find a Section labeled [Site], and under that you may find an entry FollowMaint=0. Change the '0' to '1' and you should be set to go. If the FollowMaint entry does not exist, then just add a FollowMaint=1 entry as mentioned under the ?settings Topic on the TrunkView website.

While you are there, have a look right down the bottom at the entry about SoundCards and MixerId.

--
Comint

Last edited:

gama_nz

Thankyou!

It would probably help if you also stated what Operating System you are using.

The "volume cannot be read" problem seems to be happening to a number of people at present, and is being discussed in the TrunkView Group on Yahoo.

As for the problem with the MAINT message - in the TrunkView.ini file, you will find a Section labeled [Site], and under that you may find an entry FollowMaint=0. Change the '0' to '1' and you should be set to go. If the FollowMaint entry does not exist, then just add a FollowMaint=1 entry as mentioned under the ?settings Topic on the TrunkView website.

While you are there, have a look right down the bottom at the entry about SoundCards and MixerId.

--
Comint

My trunkivew.ini did not contain a FollowMaint entry so I added it and no the scanner changes channels to follow the conversation! Thanks very much for pointing that out as I would never have known.

Just one question you may be able to answer for me, How can I work out who I'm listening to? I know what a companies radio settings are ie prefix and fleet etc so are they related to what I'm seeing in Trunkview?

Thanks

Comint

Premium Subscriber
I know what a companies radio settings are ie prefix and fleet etc so are they related to what I'm seeing in Trunkview?
Yes. They are related.
What goes over the air, and is shown in TrunkView, is raw MPT1327, however the radios use a different numbering scheme, and there are a number of different numbering schemes in use worldwide, with the most popular being MPT1343, which is explained in the Radioreference wiki.

If you can post a few Prefix / Fleet Number combinations, I may be able to come up with a conversion table.

~~~~~~~~~

On a related matter, do the radios have a label on them, along the lines of the following.

Code:
260 2401 266

--
Comint

SCPD

QRT
GTC means Goto Traffic Channel, in other words, a Voice Channel.
The CLEAR message indicates the end of the voice call, and to return to the Control Channel.
Thanks commint. I wrote the mpt decoder for my program ages ago. The one or two systems in my state have been decommissioned in favor of NXDN or DMR.

gama_nz

Yes. They are related.
What goes over the air, and is shown in TrunkView, is raw MPT1327, however the radios use a different numbering scheme, and there are a number of different numbering schemes in use worldwide, with the most popular being MPT1343, which is explained in the Radioreference wiki.

If you can post a few Prefix / Fleet Number combinations, I may be able to come up with a conversion table.

~~~~~~~~~

On a related matter, do the radios have a label on them, along the lines of the following.

Code:
260 2401 266

--
Comint

Hey, they do use MPT1343 dialing over here so I will have a look at the wiki and learn more about it.

Here is the prefx etc for a company: prefix: 218 fleet: 2785 group: 5070 group calls: 900-919
highest unit number 899. The radios only have a unit number on them like 805 (unit number).

Also for the Original topic Im using windows XP Pro SP3 With latest updates.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Hey, they do use MPT1343 dialing over here so I will have a look at the wiki and learn more about it.

Here is the prefx etc for a company: prefix: 218 fleet: 2785 group: 5070 group calls: 900-919
highest unit number 899. The radios only have a unit number on them like 805 (unit number).

Also for the Original topic Im using windows XP Pro SP3 With latest updates.

See if the attached PDF file works.

--
Comint

Attachments

• MPT_1343_TeamTalk_NZ_FIN_FGN.pdf
    24.3 KB · Views: 604

gama_nz

Hey comint I couldn't match any of those fleet ID's in the PDF to any company Ive heard so far. Do you know how I can convert the raw MPT1343 to the fleet ID's and prefix myself? Thanks

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Hey comint I couldn't match any of those fleet ID's in the PDF to any company Ive heard so far. Do you know how I can convert the raw MPT1343 to the fleet ID's and prefix myself? Thanks
Yes. The information is on the bottom of Page 4 of that PDF - lots of heavy reading.
You also need the Individual Base Ident (IBI), and possibly the Group Base Ident (GBI), both of which have to be Even numbers.

As one of the numbers supplied earlier was an Odd number (2785), I took the two as being the Fleet Individual Number (FIN) and the Fleet Group Number (FGN).

If the MPT1343 Prefix of 218, supplied by you, is correct, then the MPT1327 Prefix is definitely 018, as it is just a simple matter of subtracting 200 from one, to get the other. The rest of it is a lot more complicated.

Are you seeing any 018 Prefixes.

--
Comint

Last edited:

gama_nz

Yes I have seen 018 like in the attached log file which lines up with the info in the PDF. I will also have a good read up on converting the MPT1343 to MPT1327.

Attachments

• tv110728.txt
    63 KB · Views: 242

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have seen 018 like in the attached log file which lines up with the info in the PDF. I will also have a good read up on converting the MPT1343 to MPT1327.
I would recommend using Filter Set "Pro" and uncheck "DCSC", and check "Vote Now Advice". Makes the Screen and Log File easier to read.

I have attached a PDF file which shows which messages are enabled in each Filter Set.

--
Comint

Attachments

• TrunkView_Filter_Sets.pdf
    32.5 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

Grincais

Premium Subscriber
Trunk View with Realtek Audio

Hi Guys, I had this problem and almost pulled my hair out trying to get it to mute found the answer by mistake, if your running windows 7 just run the program in XP compatability mode and all is fixed. it works like a dream.

Remember Run Trunkview in XP compatibility mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.