TRX-1 bad battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6698

As an update to this thread. It turned out (after months of issues with my TRX-1) that it had some kind of electronical defect. I received my replacement unit three days ago and battery life has at least doubled!

Good to hear you got things figured out. Did you get a charger? What batteries are you using?

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
when using for most of the day., I get 7-8 hrs., using 2500 mah rechargeable batteries., three different sets., three different manufacturers, all about the same time of use.
With the case on., I can disconnect the antenna., flip the belt clip upside down, remove the rubberized case, remove the back battery cover, remove the spent batteries., insert the replacements., reverse the above procedure and be back listening in last than two minutes.
That said., I do wish for and am looking for a longer battery life cycle !!

picscan

Premium Subscriber
?

I've been using eneloop pros with an XSTAR VC4 and get great life out of mine, up to 12 hrs. Today I plugged the scanner into my computer instead of using the charger and had it charging all day while listening and when I unplugged it the battery icon read full so I started listening with it unplugged and the batteries only last for about a half hour and even though it read full when I started, it dropped quickly. The batteries have been recharged using the charger and are fine now. I guess in scanner charging isn't so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.