TRX-1: TRX-1 Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
Having a strange issue with my TRX-1. Had to replace the SD card in the scanner - new one in and operating fine. However fresh fully charged batteries show not charged on the screen and get the alarm when not connected to an outside source. The battery symbol on the screen shows an "empty" battery and shows the "charging" animation when plugged in. They do run for a while when disconected from the outside power source - not sure how long. Any thoughts on what is happening. It is running just fine when plugged in!!! Whistler support wants me to send back to them but thought I would ask here first. Thanx!!!

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
Three different sets including non rechargable right out of the pckage...

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
My version of EZ-Scan does not have a "Battery Options" tab...
View attachment 112546
You're using the TRX-2 ezscan which is for the base units that do not have batteries. There is your problem. Download the trx-1 version then send the settings from there to the radio.
Bob

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
Thanx...noticed it the minute I typed the reply - did the correct download and problem fixed!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Glad you got it working. One additional thing to check: There is a switch in the battery compartment for selecting alkaline or rechargeable batteries. If set to alkaline, batteries do not charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.