TRX-1 CPU FIRMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

np4r

Hello, I have programmed several trunking systems on my trx-1 and they all copy perfectly. The only one that gives me a problem is a dmr system that by the way my coworker has the same scanner, same system and copies that dmr system well even with the original antenna of the trx-1. I have a disconne on a third floor over 75 feet high. I was recommended to change the dwell time to 5.1 and the wildcard to 10 sec, so I did but nothing copies.The site og that system is near my house . Is there any other option? Would it be advisable to degrade the operating system? If so, which one? thanks @ NP4R

Attachments

• TRX.jpg
    TRX.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The obvious question; did you compare versions of firmware between the 2 units? If there was an update that your coworker has that you don't - that would be the place to start....Mike

Ubbe

The display shows an inverted S so you are receiving a digital signal and the strenght seems to be 4 bars of 5.

What kind of DMR flavour is it, cap+ tierIII or conventional?

If you go Fn+0 you are in tuner mode, enter the frequency and push select. Then goto menu and check that none of the digital modes are enabled, all the modes have just a blank box and no tick in them. Scroll up and select save. You are now monitoring in analog mode.

Listen to the signal, is it a DMR signal and of good quality? Compare the audio with a frequency of a working system if you are not familiar with how a good dmr signal sounds.

/Ubbe

np4r

I entered tune mode , made a scan in the 800mhz range and all that comes up
is p25 systems no Dmr
The display shows an inverted S so you are receiving a digital signal and the strenght seems to be 4 bars of 5.

What kind of DMR flavour is it, cap+ tierIII or conventional?

If you go Fn+0 you are in tuner mode, enter the frequency and push select. Then goto menu and check that none of the digital modes are enabled, all the modes have just a blank box and no tick in them. Scroll up and select save. You are now monitoring in analog mode.

Listen to the signal, is it a DMR signal and of good quality? Compare the audio with a frequency of a working system if you are not familiar with how a good dmr signal sounds.

/Ubbe

I entered tune mode , made a scan in the 800mhz range and all that comes up
is p25 systems , no Dmr

Ubbe

I did step by step you instructions .The system have 15 Frequencies but no hearing no one of them , i programmed it as trunked dmr . thanks for the help!
OK, my appologies, I though you did something else.

So you are monitoring in analog mode and you don't hear a thing on any of those channels, no reception at all, but other systems are working.
One thing possible are attenuation set on the system than you cannot receive, or your location are pretty much dead RF wise from that particular system. That can happen. I have one watertower in metal in the direct line to big site across town and I'm lucky if I can monitor anything from there by receiving reflections from objects behind me and at the sides. If I go out and move just some 100 meters at the side I get almost full signal strenght.

Try open squelch, set it to 0 so you'll hear the noise and move around and see if you can get any kind of data signal in analog mode from the control channel frequency.

Is it a huge TierIII DMR system with 15 frequencies or is it different sites? Do you know where the nearest site are located? Use the map that tells you if you have some obstruction in the way to the site. Remember to set the antenna hights. A radio site probably has a 20-50 meters height.

/Ubbe

np4r

Ubbe! I went to one of the site that runs the system im looking foward to hear and i got it completely a few tgids using my 800mhz rubber ducky antenna , i was monitoring the system and i got it until the entrance of my house. I went up to my tower with the rubber duck antenna were the discone antenna is located an also i can hear the hole system in trunking and conventional but when i use the discone antenna the system don't work :( any idea if the antenna is not a good one for those frequencies? should i get a 800mhz yagi ? thanks again!

Ubbe

If you are using a discone to receive 800Mhz you might have seen others pointing out that you could losse up to 10dB, ten times, of signal strenght compared to a standard antenna on a portable scanner.

You can get a cheap $20 yagi from amazon or ebay, see to that it covers your frequencies, and just connect that in parallel with your discone coax using a T connector and see what you get. If you use a T connector you can try and disconnect the discone and see what type of generell reception from other frequencies you get. Sometimes you receive some frequency bands prettry well with a yagi made for totally different frequencies.

/Ubbe

np4r

Im going to try with that , even in my garage outside my house with the 800mhz rd i can hear the system and a few new ones , but when i come inside the signal is gone and with the disconne outside is deaf at that range of the system i can only receive a p25 system of the local polica , will let you know what happens next lol 73's

CycleSycho

:) Remember also, the loss with multiple connectors and line length. Might not be a problem depending on the signal strength but worth considering (based on where you want to hit) if in any fringe locations. :)

np4r

I was considering all that , today i removed the cone radials and only left the antenna with the disc radials (horizontal) aand it suddenly started to pickup new systems in 800mhz including the system i was looking for with the disconne , i ordered a 800mhz yagi to see if there is a difference , i bet it will !

Status
Not open for further replies.