TRX-1: DMR detection Sprectrum Sweeper / Tune Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionx

Hi everyone!

I'm in proccess of trying my new TRX-1 out an I have a question for all of you.

How accurate is DMR detection while using Spectrum Sweeper / Tune Mode? In 80% of cases it won't detect DMR on my device. It stays in FM mode.

The signal comes from a DMR Tier II repeater. My TRX-1 locks on the frequency. Signal is 5 bars and error rate is very low (Verified with DSD+).
It just stays in "au" mode when it detects the signal and almost never switches to DMR. Is there a setting which I can optimize, or should I just save it as a conventional channel and set all parameters?

Ubbe

It just stays in "au" mode when it detects the signal and almost never switches to DMR.
It has always been very unreliable in au mode whenever it is used. It seems to be working to switch between analog and P25 but not the other digital modes. I have tried all the level settings and when testing with different weak signals it doesn't change anything for DMR decode. Those DSP settings are probably just for P25.

Too bad that the tune mode do not automatically update from the sweeper hits. Then it would be easy to set that mode to only do DMR and quickly do Fn+0 and then back to sweeper Fn+3. But would of course not be necessary if au worked more reliable.

/Ubbe

radionx

I see.

In SEARCH MODE (Sweeper / Tune):
Would be great if the WX button could be repurposed as a "MAN MODE" switcher (if the scanner is paused on a frequency), where you could fast switch between FM, P25, DMR, NXDN.
Just to have the ability to to "fast check" a signal.

My ears already tell me if it's NXDN or DMR...would be great if we could tell this the scanner...manually & fast while in search mode.

WX is not used in Europe anyway :)

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
When in Limit Search or Spectrum sweeper, the unit will take a second to first look for content related to P25, X2, DMR, NXDN, if none of these are present the signal is then processed as Analog.

Limit Search will scan based on the bandplan steps.
Spectrum Sweeper scans initially in 1Mhz chunks, the signal must be stronger to be seen by the scanner otherwise it may get passed over.

If you are only searching for DMR, use limit search mode and select the DMR tick box

Status
Not open for further replies.