TRX-1 Error code 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
I've seen this error code twice randomly on my week old scanner. When it happens, the radio locks up and won't even turn off . I remove the batteries and it resets.Code says general heap error.Anyone else getting this?

TES

I've seen this error code twice randomly on my week old scanner. When it happens, the radio locks up and won't even turn off . I remove the batteries and it resets.Code says general heap error.Anyone else getting this?

Try searching this sight for "heap error."

troymail

Silent Key
Most of the errors seen on the Whistlers are related to the SD card. Extreme care must be used when doing anything with the SD card to include:

- power the radio down properly before applying or removing external power
- carefully and properly "release" the SD card/drive before detaching it from the computer (regardless of connection via USB cable or SD card slot)

Most issues can be corrected by either running Check For Errors against the SD card drive or reformatting/preparing the SD card and then copying the configuration back to the card.

In extreme cases, you may want to do a low level format of the SD using "SD Formatter".

ALWAYS have a 2nd/spare card on hand. A corrupt SD card can result in the radio not functioning at all.

Having said all that - if none of this works, the problem could end up being something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.