Trx-1 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb711

Hello, i just got back into scanning after a long absence..wow, how things have changed..I picked up a trx-1, i have not encountered error code 3-02..thanks in advance for your help

troymail

Silent Key
Most errors you'll see are related to the SD card --

The easiest thing to try is simply pull the SD card (actually, it's a slight "push" to get it to spring out - careful - it will fly out) and reinsert it.

If that doesn't work, try removing the SD card and using the EZ Scan software to format and prep the card.

After that, there is a "low level" format option....

Or, just pick up a new card (you'll want at least one backup SD card anyway).

k5stv

K5STV
Premium Subscriber
SD Card error

Tried several 32GB uSD cards and none worked but SanDisk. Boot up is longer, but seems to work on a Sandisk uSD 32GB card.

73's Steve

troymail

Silent Key
Tried several 32GB uSD cards and none worked but SanDisk. Boot up is longer, but seems to work on a Sandisk uSD 32GB card.

73's Steve

Larger disks result in slower boot times -- in reality, there really isn't a need for a "large" SD card ... 4-8Gb is probably more than enough and will generally make the radio startup faster.

tipster67

So far used 3-4GB cards. Just 2-32GB cards. Did a Low Level format on one of the 32GB cards, took 97 hours. Still nadda. Replaced the USB cable with two others, one which works on a friends TRX-2. Nadda. Using two desktops and a Laptop. All three running Win 10. Not worried about boot up time, just a 500 dollar scanner that will work for 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.