TRX-1- few small issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
It sounds like everyone here is getting you fixed up
Yes, the issues I've had with the radios aren't big at all, just minor annoyances easily overlooked. FYI you'll be getting an order from me before Christmas...And maybe one after January. I need a new car, and it will need a TRX-2.

"We love you too!"
Pic?

(Sorry, had to do it- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Any thoughts on adding an 'auto-move' type feature for discovering LCNs on DMR trunked systems without resorting to DSD or similar?

SCPD

QRT
I purchased a PSR-500 and a couple of PSR-600's used a year ago after I retired. I have the Don Starr software and caught on real quick to it. I'm sorry to hear of the shortcomings of the Whistler proprietary software.

I'm sorry to see that the Whistlers only have proprietary software. That kills competition and innovation. I'm not so sure I want to by a TRX-1 and mobile TRX-2 now because of it. I wish they would let Don Starr produce software for them.

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I purchased a PSR-500 and a couple of PSR-600's used a year ago after I retired. I have the Don Starr software and caught on real quick to it. I'm sorry to hear of the shortcomings of the Whistler proprietary software.

I'm sorry to see that the Whistlers only have proprietary software. That kills competition and innovation. I'm not so sure I want to by a TRX-1 and mobile TRX-2 now because of it. I wish they would let Don Starr produce software for them.

The only shortcomings I've seen so far are the lack of batch-changing NAC Searches, and auto-moving DMR LCNs. The other issues I had with the card/uploading are inconsequential/trivial, merely gripes, and I'm unsure whether my computer or the scanner was at fault. I actually love the software, it was immediately intuitive and useful.

My TRX-1s are the best radios I've ever used, hands-down. I'm buying two more in the immediate future. The last 2 Unidens I bought were even worse than the Pro-94 I once owned, and that takes talent.

sprite1741

As far as digital I had a BCD 396t for a few years and wanted to try a GRE-500. The Starsoft WIN500 was so easy compared to Unidens software and the GRE-500 ran rings around the Uniden. I sold the Uniden and kept the GRE. I just bought a WS1040 since my GRE is getting a little tattered. My HH scanner goes every where with me. I now leave the GRE at home on a/c power for times when I am in my computer room and the WS-1040 goes with me. The GRE/ Whistler never miss a call. I'm now looking to get a TRX-1 HH and a TRX 2 for my main room scanner. I just got rid of a BCD436HP. It could not scan half as good as my Whistler. It missed calls because of slow scan speed and a failure to capture p25 some times, had poor sound from the internal speaker and was hard to handle because of the buttons on the side that are easy to push by mistake. The Sentinal software was a nightmare until I get used to it. It's ok then, but was not designed for humans. No hurry but I want a Phase 2 scanner within a few months for travel then eventually one at home. I downloaded the TRX software and it looks good, especially after using Sentinal. I hope the TRX line won' let me down. I am spoiled by the WS-1040.

Status
Not open for further replies.