TRX-1 issue on phase 2 only

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is a strange one, I just got my TRX-1, updated the firmware & DSP. Everything is great on Phase 1 & DMR, however on Phase 2 I get no audio if it stops on a talkgroup, most of the time it never stops scanning. I have tried this on 2 Phase 2 700 systems with similar results. For comparison, I have tried both downloading directly from the database, and also tried using my old 668 load which worked fine. I also tried this side by side with my BCD436 and that works fine.

I'm thinking it is possibly defective radio, however I would think that if Phase 2 was broken, the other digital protocols, especially DMR would be an issue.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Make sure you have the bandplan set to "Autofill".

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I appreciate it. I am going to reapply the firmware and dsp updates, maybe something wasn't loaded correctly.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Yes mine does also. I have tried a fresh config and importing the system from the database, and my old pro668 config as well that was working fine with my old scanner.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I got it working last night. If you can even believe it, I had the squelch set too high, and it was only affecting 700 mhz. The previous models had such a sensitive front end that I had to keep the squelch turned up higher than I would with a Uniden. The funny part is even though I have an excellent 700 signal, it only affected that and not any of the other systems I monitor with less of a signal.

Ed6698

In order for me to pick up my local 700mhz P25 Phase II simulcast system I need to have the squelch set to Min, the lowest setting possible.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I have set the squelch at different levels with no change. I have only put the control channel in the site frequencies no change although it does stay on the VC longer. But I get about 1-2 seconds of garbled voice then nothing. I know there is traffic as I have another radio picking it up just fine.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Audio is the same garbled. Although I have 4 signal bars they do not stay solid. They blink in and out along with the T (cc) indicator as it switches to the voice channel. Turning priority scan off gets me a little more voice but it is still basically unintelligible. It is clear as day on the 436. I am also having a similar problem with a con+ system.

Status
Not open for further replies.