TRX-1 No Police Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1470west

Hello, new to scanning. I hear the fire department frequencies but no Police. I live in Centerville Ohio. Could someone please help me. Thanks

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Centerville PD has an 800 MHz conventional frequency:

855.46250 WNKA290 RM 032 DPL CV PD Centerville Police FM Law Dispatch

Also three talkgroups on the Ohio MARCS system:

58160 e330 D 57 CVPD DISP Centerville Police Dispatch Law Dispatch
58161 e331 D 57 CVPD TAC1 Centerville Police Tac 1 Law Tac
58166 e336 D 57 CPD Centerville Police Law Talk

1470west

Thank you, Yes i have an RH77CA Diamond antenna. I have the correct frequencies, never hear a thing. I hear the Washington Township Fire dept but no police. Even when entering in a " Channel Sweep" nothing but fire.

1470west

Thanks for the reply. So, After entering the the frequencies into the TRX-1 should i not have to change any other additional setting, thinking the scanner does this by recognizing the channel etc... oh, by the way, i'm a home brewer, Cheers!

1470west

Centerville PD has an 800 MHz conventional frequency:

855.46250 WNKA290 RM 032 DPL CV PD Centerville Police FM Law Dispatch

Also three talkgroups on the Ohio MARCS system:

58160 e330 D 57 CVPD DISP Centerville Police Dispatch Law Dispatch
58161 e331 D 57 CVPD TAC1 Centerville Police Tac 1 Law Tac
58166 e336 D 57 CPD Centerville Police Law Talk
Just one last question if I may. I'm close to the police station so thats not in play, I have a 800mhtz antenna, and I entered in the 4 frequencies. Still nothing, have any other ideas?

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
You might try posting your question in the Ohio state forum... someone there may have run across your same problem.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You might try posting your question in the Ohio state forum... someone there may have run across your same problem.

Will do, Thanks again.

You will want to get this thread moved rather than crossposting it if you want to ask the Ohio Radio Discussion Forum. You can do this by using the report button ( ) located at the top right of your original post.

EDIT: Taking a closer look at MARCS-IP, it is possible you may have imported sites that do not necessarily carry the traffic you are looking for if you tried to import using software. With a large system with multiple sites, not all sites will carry the traffic you are looking for. If the scanner locks onto such a site, then you would not hear the police.

Try going into the trunked system menu and deleting all the sites except for "Montgomery County" and see if it starts working.

Last edited:

N8ZBD

Hello, new to scanning. I hear the fire department frequencies but no Police. I live in Centerville Ohio. Could someone please help me. Thanks

After some time now using my new TRX-1 scanner. I have come to the conclusion that the reason i cannot receive the Centerville Police department is simply my location. I can walk 2 blocks west of my house and receive all Centerville Police department transmissions. Thanks all

sopranosno1

Would you be willing to help me identfy some of the unknown montgomery county marcs ip talk groups? In the last couple of months i posted some unknowns and was wondering if you could put them in somewhere on the trx-1 and possibly identify some of these? Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.