TRX-1/No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasStar15

I've got a TRX-1 I bought used and can't get any sound out of it. I have volume set to max and the squelch off. Guy I bought it from claims it worked for him but will take it back. It's almost like it's muted. Anyway anyone have any idea's of what I could check in settings. I hate to return it, have a feeling it's something simple. Thanks for any help!

Swipesy

I have experienced that a couple times when I had my GRE PSR-800. Both times it turned out to be a corrupt configuration. I could never determine what was corrupt. So I built a very small config using a conventional frequency and 1 Trunked system with a couple TG's. The scanner came to life each time.

You could try that and see if weather channel works. If not then it could be corrupt firmware or a hardware issue.

TexasStar15

Per your previous posts, I would be under the assumption you had this scanner working?
This is a different TRX-1. The previous one I had from Walmart worked but I returned it to buy this used one.

TexasStar15

I have tried to update the firmware but I get this message, the certificate presented by the upload site is invalid. I have no idea what that means.

Attachments

• Whistler.jpg
    Whistler.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 20

TexasStar15

Try to update the EZ Scan
I just downloaded the software off the Whistler website. I would hope it's updated but anyway how else would I update it. I don't see anywhere in the software to update it. Thanks

blhamlin

Another possibility is a stuck headphone jack. You won't get any sound out of the speaker if that is the case. Try plugging a pair of headphones/earbuds in and out several times. If that is the problem it should free it up and you'll start getting audio out of the speaker. And of course you should hear something from your headphone jack when you have something plugged in. I've had receivers that have done that from time to time.

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded the software off the Whistler website. I would hope it's updated but anyway how else would I update it. I don't see anywhere in the software to update it. Thanks

Open EZ-Scan Software
Click the "Updates" Tab up top
Click "Check for All Updates"
Follow Prompts

That should get you current.

Come back here if you're still having issues.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Get the radio to an analog channel, such as NOAA weather. Set the squelch as low as it will go. You should see signal bars on the display indicating reception. What comes out of the speaker now?

Note that if you are tuned to any digital channel (trunked), or have DC, CT, NAC tone control enabled; their entire function is to mute the audio until they are satisfied. Make sure that you have CSQ (constant squelch) until you figure this out.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Make sure the headphone jack is not set to IF output you can do that in ezscan, then you must transfer the configuration TO the scanner/sd card, the scanner must be off. I recommend you use a card reader fro faster more reliable reads and writes to the card.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

You didn't see it in EZ Scan?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-17 17.04.34 (2).png
    Screenshot 2020-11-17 17.04.34 (2).png
    20.7 KB · Views: 18

TexasStar15

I've tried to update the EZ Scan software but I keep getting the same error message, the certificate presented by the upload site is invalid. Any suggestions getting past this, please HELP! Thanks

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Sorry, meant to attach this jpg to last post.

Please refer to this post for information...

Status
Not open for further replies.