TRX-1 not recognizing CN and CP channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megsixo

Female Ham Radio Operator
I just bought a TRX-1 Scanner and had it delivered yesterday and I added the channels of both CN and CP and even the EOT frequency. Not even a peep from the closest detector. Or even the local yard which is about 5 miles or less away.

I do get VIA talking when coming into the station and telling what side to open the doors for the platform.

But I am confused. My old 1080 had no issues with the railroad channels. This one is quiet not even static. If someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. I live in between both CP Belleville and CN Kingston Subs.

Everything is correct according to the EZ Scan programming. So I am completely confused! Maybe a new antenna (I have the stock one that came with it)?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Just archive the ws1080 via ezscan, then restore that archive to the TRX. This will eliminate any programming errors you may have introduced programming it. Try it then report back ( I am assuming you are using the same antenna on both scanners)

Megsixo

Female Ham Radio Operator
Just archive the ws1080 via ezscan, then restore that archive to the TRX. This will eliminate any programming errors you may have introduced programming it. Try it then report back ( I am assuming you are using the same antenna on both scanners)

Im a newby so trying to figure this out. If you can help me that would be great but sadly I am under 100 posts so I can not pm you or email so right now I am trying to learn slowly. the 1080 software says that I do not have a scanner hooked up. I am very familiar with the 1080 software. So what do I do?

And if this doesnt work.... I know it needs to be switched from analog to NFM but I forgot how to change the settings.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Im a newby so trying to figure this out. If you can help me that would be great but sadly I am under 100 posts so I can not pm you or email so right now I am trying to learn slowly. the 1080 software says that I do not have a scanner hooked up. I am very familiar with the 1080 software. So what do I do?

And if this doesnt work.... I know it needs to be switched from analog to NFM but I forgot how to change the settings.
If you have a card reader use that as it is 10 times faster then using the usb cable.
With a card reader and scanner off, remove card from scanner, insert in card reader,open ezscan for the that model scanner.

Or with usb cable, turn off scanner, plugged usb cable into scanner and other end into the pc, wait 30-60 seconds, open up ezscan for that scanner.

In ezscan on the scanner you want to clone, select FILE from the upper left, from there you select ARCHIVE current configuration.

Same process to put that archive on the another scanner EXCEPT you must use ezscan for that model scanner and select. The form FILE select RESTORE configuration from archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.