TRX-1 Not rx NXDN channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcefd10

Programming a TRX-1 for a customer and I cannot for the life of me get this thing to RX any NXDN channels. DMR and Analog work fine. Am I missing something? I've programmed both with and without RAN, there is to TG so that's out.
I have programmed all the info I would in a 2-way we use except of course for the TX freq.
Any ideas?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
did you select NXDN 4800 or 9600 to match the system? Did you try using wildcards for RAN TG et al?

jcefd10

I have tried using the Wildcards. That did not matter at all.

Andddd... as I type this... It RX's the local sheriff's office traffic and I feel like an idiot. I've tried every single thing, being able to key the repeaters with my portable and it wouldn't RX anything. Now all of a sudden its fine.. WTF

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
One issue with scanners and NXDN is that the typical NFM filter bandwidth is too wide -- especially NXDN4800 frequencies. A good chunk of frequencies around here are using very narrow freq 'slots' and thus the NXDN RF is < 5khz wide. A scanner using a 11khz bandwidth filter gets confused with nearby signals. The adjacent channel interference is becoming more of an issue with so much digital RF these days.

olalfer

Just a note you say you are keying the repeater with your portable ?
Be careful how close you are to the scanner or any other receiver for that matter as when you key the portable you are more than likely desensitizing the front end of the scanner so it will hear nothing. you are over loading the RF receive on the front end, if this happens too often some times it will take out the front end RF receive chip. Now your scanner will be broke

Status
Not open for further replies.