TRX-1 P25 Phase 1 System - Keeps Cutting out during broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Also try setting the squelch to normal to where the S just goes off on the display. You mentioned you had it all the way to the left. This will make it scan slower when all the way to the left. Also make sure you don't have a weather channel set as priority in WX mode. This happened once to me took me a while to figure out what was causing my talk groups to cut off during conversations

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
@K9ZV @trentbob @hiegtx - So I turned off what I thought was Priority on Scanlist Channels but then when @K9ZV mentioned Weather - I looked and it was ON PRIORITY on weather.... Now it is working so much better.

As far as Simulcast - really don't think it is. My WS-1065 does just as good as my SDS-100 and SDS-200 do. So not sure its truly Simulcast. I love my SDS radios but hate that the volume of broadcasts differs so much... So dispatchers for some precincts are louder than others and some officers a lot louder than others...and for whatever reason - the Whistlers seam to have a MUCH BETTER STANDARD VOLUME LEVEL... I know I can adjust the SDS for the channels but thats a lot of work and the officers are always changing.... Simply Whistler sounds better...

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP !! I really appreciate it @trentbob @K9ZV @hiegtx !! :)(y)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
@K9ZV @trentbob @hiegtx - So I turned off what I thought was Priority on Scanlist Channels but then when @K9ZV mentioned Weather - I looked and it was ON PRIORITY on weather.... Now it is working so much better.

As far as Simulcast - really don't think it is. My WS-1065 does just as good as my SDS-100 and SDS-200 do. So not sure its truly Simulcast. I love my SDS radios but hate that the volume of broadcasts differs so much... So dispatchers for some precincts are louder than others and some officers a lot louder than others...and for whatever reason - the Whistlers seam to have a MUCH BETTER STANDARD VOLUME LEVEL... I know I can adjust the SDS for the channels but thats a lot of work and the officers are always changing.... Simply Whistler sounds better...

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP !! I really appreciate it @trentbob @K9ZV @hiegtx !! :)(y)
Okay so you have an SDS 100 and 200. That's a horse of a different color. Yep, weather priority will do it and it looks like your whistlers are working.

It is a simulcast system as indicated on the site information sheet but again reception is very location dependent. It could be the way the system is set up also. On the streamers information sheet it looked like it was a combination of digital and analog?

Glad everything is working better for you now. That was a head-scratcher.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

Sounds like things have improved, which is always good.

The Tulsa site is definitely simulcast. But as has been seen multiple times, problems with simulcast are extremely location specific. If you are in the "right" place, you have no issues. That 'right' spot could be very close to a transmit site, or one where terrain or a cluster of buildings blocks the out of sync signals from other transmitters, leaving your scanner only one signal to deal with.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber

Glad you got it working. I had my priority weather on once. Not sure how it happened but when i turned the squelch all the way back it went right to a weather channel and i didn't even have one in my scan list. So when i went to the WX mode menu i discovered the problem ! :)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
rvacs... I saw that you went on the Oklahoma forum to confirm that the system is simulcast, I was going to recommend that. Being that it's so location-based I'm glad you are in a good position not to have simulcast distortion!

Status
Not open for further replies.