TRX-1 Phase 1 System

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I have a TRX-1 and have used it for a few years. I am not receiving anything on a Phase 1 trunked system system. The system is Waterbury, CT. There are no updates to the site or talkgroups. I have reloaded the system onto my SD card and tried a different SD card. When I download the system into EZ scan it has a custom table. The values in the table are not the same when I check the site in the scanner. I have not been stumped by this scanner until now. My Pro 96 is picking up Waterbury without any issues. Any help is appreciated!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Any help is appreciated!
If you attach your configuration file, I will check it for problems. Click on Attach files and Open the file. I find it strange that the database shows 6 control channel capable frequencies. Motorola systems have a maximum of 4. Try including all 10 of the frequencies in the site. It could be a Harris system which can use any frequency as the control channel.

Last edited:

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Here it is.

Attachments

• CDAT_2023-02-03_12-53.zip
    364.7 KB · Views: 14

tvengr

Well Known Member
For the Waterbury system, under Site Options, Trunking Tables should be set to Auto Fill, not Custom. For 800 MHz sites, you can also use Standard. The trunking tables will not need to be loaded from the control channel.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
If that doesn't fix the problem, check if your PRO-96 has all 10 frequencies for the site. If it does, add the missing 4 frequencies to the TRX-1. There may be undocumented control channel capable frequencies in the database.

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
Hi. The issue is with the control channels. 852.1125 is now used as a control channel. I added all 10 frequencies. Thank you for your help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Glad to hear you got it working. Always works better with a control channel. You may have missed in my first reply that I thought it was strange that there were 6 control channel capable frequencies shown in the database. Motorola systems have a maximum of one primary and 3 alternates. I suspect this may be a Harris system in which any frequency may be used as a control channel and they often rotate. This is not the first time I have found there are undocumented control channel capable frequencies in the database. That's something for you to remember if it happens again. You should submit your finding to the database that 852.1125 is a control channel capable frequency. The database is only as accurate as the information the members submit.