TRX-1 Price Drop $469.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I bought a TRX-2 the other day on Amazon for 343.00 out the door shipped but we shall see if it gets shipped and shows up brand new.

It's worth the shot to see. If not, I will see if I can force Amazon to ship me one

sprite1741

Keep us posted, I always heard those just listed sellers were scams. Still waiting for a lightning deal from Amazon.

Nasby

I bought a TRX-2 the other day on Amazon for 343.00 out the door shipped but we shall see if it gets shipped and shows up brand new.

It's worth the shot to see. If not, I will see if I can force Amazon to ship me one

Amazon will just give you a refund.

Its unlikely the scanner will arrive.

Even the tracking info the scammers upload is bogus.

trp2525

The TRX-2 that you bought from a seller on Amazon for $343.00 has an MSRP from Whistler of $729.95: https://whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-radios. That means that you purchased the scanner for less than half of the MSRP (47% of the MSRP if you do the math). IMHO there is NO WAY that a legitimate, authorized retail seller could be selling inventory of a brand-new TRX-2 scanner with the manufacturer's warranty intact for less than half of the MSRP. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth...

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yup it was too good to be true. Amazon cancelled the order and that was it. Over with. Not sure why these sellers are popping up with radios to be sold for real cheap. Not sure what the scam is.

Nasby

Yup it was too good to be true. Amazon cancelled the order and that was it. Over with. Not sure why these sellers are popping up with radios to be sold for real cheap. Not sure what the scam is.

Amazon is a terrible place to find any real deals these days.

Its loaded with scams like this one.

The scammers who had the fake add now have your address, credit card info, etc.

Hopefully nothing bad happens. Keep a close eye on all of your accounts, credit card statements, etc.

trp2525

I believe it could be a sophisticated phishing scam to get your personal information and credit card/debit card information. I would STRONGLY recommend that you request a new account number for any credit card or debit card that you used for this transaction unless Amazon can assure you that your payment information details were never forwarded directly to the "scammer" seller.

milcom_chaser

Did they ask you for your email first, before being able to order? Those are suspicious...

trp2525

Amazon is a terrible place to find any real deals these days.

Its loaded with scams like this one...

I have found that some legitimate retailers sell their same exact products through various/multiple marketing channels at the same time (like their own website, Amazon and/or eBay). It's worth checking all of them before making your purchase as the pricing can sometimes be different and sometimes free or reduced shipping charges can be found through one marketing channel but not through another. Seeing that the merchandise is coming from the same seller/retailer, pick the deal that is best for you. Let the buyer beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.