TRX-1 Private Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

nezza

Hi Everyone,

I have my TRX-1 working nicely except for a problem with receiving private calls. It is a DMR system and I have tried programming it as a conventional and a trunking system. The group calls work okay but the private calls don't come through. I have programmed the wildcard into both the talkgroup and radio ID tabs and also have allocated a scanlist and activated it. I have programmed P25 systems with success but DMR seems to be a problem. I am listening to the system with SDR at the same time and the Whistler is missing the private calls but the group calls are coming through perfect. Any ideas people?

teward

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

I have my TRX-1 working nicely except for a problem with receiving private calls. It is a DMR system and I have tried programming it as a conventional and a trunking system. The group calls work okay but the private calls don't come through. I have programmed the wildcard into both the talkgroup and radio ID tabs and also have allocated a scanlist and activated it. I have programmed P25 systems with success but DMR seems to be a problem. I am listening to the system with SDR at the same time and the Whistler is missing the private calls but the group calls are coming through perfect. Any ideas people?

When you programmed the frequency into the system, did you turn on the DMR option for that frequency / system? Did you also go into the scanner's settings and enable the DMR capability? (It sometimes comes in as 'disabled')

nezza

Thank you for your input. I have already looked at those settings and all is programmed correctly. I have been over the software, scanner settings and user guide with a fine tooth comb to no avail. I am wondering if the TRX-1 is actually capable of receiving DMR private calls at all.

budevans

Hi Everyone,

I have programmed the wildcard into both the talkgroup and radio ID tabs and also have allocated a scanlist and activated it.

Just double checking. There are two types of Wildcards. Did you create both a Group Wildcard and a Private Wildcard?

nezza

Under the 'Talkgroup Details' tab I have a wildcard and under the 'Radio ID Details' tab I have a wildcard. Are they the two your referring to?

budevans

Under the 'Talkgroup Details' tab I have a wildcard and under the 'Radio ID Details' tab I have a wildcard. Are they the two your referring to?

Yes. If the Group is working the Private should work. The only other thing that I can think of, is to check to make sure the Private Scanlist number is the same as the Group Scanlist number.

nezza

Does this look correct? Sorry about the size.

When the private calls are talking on my SDR the TRX-1 'S' is flashing and have 5 bars. So the private calls are there on the TRX-1 but no audio, only the group calls are working.

Attachments

• New Bitmap.jpg
    New Bitmap.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 814
Last edited:

chris451rr

TRX not decoding private call

Hi Everyone,

Can you enable logging in the radio and capture during activity on this, the control channel data may be of help. Its in hex. The first byte shows TG and the second byte shows color code. While talking it will show radio ID in hex.

nezza

I tried it in tune mode and it decodes the private calls. Doesn't explain why it is not decoding in conv or trunk mode. I can only assume it's a setting I have over looked, although I have checked them over and over and also consider myself quiet good with the TRX-1.

Ubbe

As I recall there was another comment about TRX-1 not decoding private calls. Maybe it has not been fixed yet by whistler?

/Ubbe

chris451rr

The private calls are not working between the two dmr radios I have nor on the trx1 and the trx does not show a talk group unless its a group call on any talk group any color code and any slot.
I'm going to have to hook the radios up to the computer and try to program a private talk channel. Can't get to all the parameters without a PC and reprogramming them.
Are you seeing any talk groups or just seeing a carrier the trx will not decode protocol transmissions without talk group data or audio payload.

Status
Not open for further replies.