Trx-1 programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I have been reading the TRX-1 manual online looking for information about how it works and there are two questions I have that I did not find an answer for in the in manual.

Is there a limit to how many talkgroups can be programmed into a single trunked system? The older GRE models had a limit of 1,800 objects per v-sanner folder. What is the limit for the TRX-1

What is the limit for how many control channels can be programmed into a single P25 700 MHz trunked system? The older GRE models were limited to 32. Does the TRX-1 have a limit? I would like to enter the control channels for all 138 sites of a large statewide system into one "site" in the scanner so that when I am on the road it will just find the next control channel in the list as I move away from whatever tower I am currently monitoring. I like this method MUCH better than using GPS to change sites.

troymail

Silent Key
I have been reading the TRX-1 manual online looking for information about how it works and there are two questions I have that I did not find an answer for in the in manual.
There's a big different between the older PSR500/600 models and newer radios (starting with the PSR-800).

Is there a limit to how many talkgroups can be programmed into a single trunked system? The older GRE models had a limit of 1,800 objects per v-sanner folder. What is the limit for the TRX-1
No. If there is a limit, I haven't hit it.

What is the limit for how many control channels can be programmed into a single P25 700 MHz trunked system? The older GRE models were limited to 32. Does the TRX-1 have a limit? I would like to enter the control channels for all 138 sites of a large statewide system into one "site" in the scanner so that when I am on the road it will just find the next control channel in the list as I move away from whatever tower I am currently monitoring. I like this method MUCH better than using GPS to change sites.
Each system can have hundreds of sites. Each site is limited to 32 total frequencies. The radio attempts to find the best control channel frequency as you travel regardless of which site it is found in.

Putting all control channels into a single site doesn't really make alot of sense.

Tim-B

Okay, thanks for the reply. The reason I like to put them all in one site is because I want the scanner to find one control channel and park itself there until it loses that signal and it's time to find the next tower up the road. I don't like the scanner going from site to site to site checking each one in range for traffic. I seem to miss a lot of replies that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.