TRX 1 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
So my 436 developed the clock issue and I am sending it in for repair. The only other new P2 handheld is the 325. That said I am debating getting a TRX 1. I was wondering if anyone here in CT is using one and how it compares to my 436. Is it worth buying? Also has anyone heard any rumblings as to Uniden coming out with a new model? As I don't want to get another 436 I'm thinking the TRX or maybe a HP 2 but wanted opinions first from people using these radios here in state.

goodmore

Premium Subscriber
Well I have the 436. To be very honest the 436 and my recently sold 536 both have trouble with simulcast distortion on my local P25 emergency frequencies. I picked up a new TRX 2 and it has been a pleasure to listen to. The Unidens are nice scanners with better third party software support. When it comes to the TRX series the only software out there is from Whistler. Is one better than the other? It depends on what you want to listen to and where you live I guess. I took the gamble and I'm glad I did. I just want to listen with as little effort as possible. I'm not hunting frequencies and I didn't need the GPS feature. Oh by the way I have a TRX 1 coming. I was very close to giving up on the hobby because of the simulcast distortion. I'm glad it worked out.

Last edited:

MFCJR

Uniden has not released any information on any new models. And they do not release any information on anything they are working on according to Uniden's Rep Paul. (UPMAN)

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I had asked if Uniden had any new models out there on the Uniden page and someone suggested the 3600. When I looked at the radio it damn sure looked like an export version of the 436. I got the original Thank you for contacting Uniden we will send for your radio when ready email. Just waiting on the email to send it.

MFCJR

I sent in two 536 models for the clock repair. They fix the clock issue, replaced the LED's and fixed the earphone jack issue. On the 436 they have to replace the whole circuit board. Everything went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.