TRX-1 scanlist programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Just received my TRX-1 (from HamStation; thanks!) and have been playing around with it. A couple of questions:

Is there a way, without the software, to turn on or off all scanlists? I know in the software you can "Enable All Scanlists" or "Disable All Scanlists" on the General Settings page, but can you do this from a menu item on the radio?

Also, can you hold on a given scanlist without turning the other scanlists off? I know you can hold on an object (frequency or talkgroup), but what about an entire scanlist?

Thanks!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 Scanlist - EZSCAN

I don't know about the radio menu but besides those controls you mentioned IN EZSCAN .. the ADVANCED tab at the top right. You can limit or add to the scanlists and then upload your saved sheet. If the TRX-1 EZSCAN is like my WS1080 EZSCAN, you click on the right side *yellow* and a pop-up window gives you controls to turn off ALL lists. Instead of having to uncheck 201 lists that are unpopulated, you can limit this scanset space to the number of scanlists you have. I don't want 201 lists showing so I limit my default SCANSET to the 28 scanlists. When I add another scanlist?...I increase the number to 29 here. Remember, one scan-set = 201 scanlists. You can also create a new scanset where you only have a few scanlists or one which is the same as "holding" on one or a few lists. I use mine *Local Scan-SET 02 for just local stuff when I don't want to hear a ton of traffic. You can enable and disable scansets with the arrows on the scanner menu itself to enter that scan-set and then go back when you want to the default scan-set. It's just an alternative way of listening to a little or a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

RPETER

TRX-1 scan list

I have a new TRX-1 as well. To manually turn off or on a scan list or lists --- hit the menu button and go to "Main Menu". Arrow down to 'Scanlists" hit SEL which will take you to a list of all your Scanlists. Arrow up and down to check or uncheck your Scanlists in the left hand box next to each scan lists. Go back to Main Menu and SEL Scan. Only the checked Scanlists should be activated.

troymail

Silent Key
Just received my TRX-1 (from HamStation; thanks!) and have been playing around with it. A couple of questions:

Is there a way, without the software, to turn on or off all scanlists? I know in the software you can "Enable All Scanlists" or "Disable All Scanlists" on the General Settings page, but can you do this from a menu item on the radio?

Also, can you hold on a given scanlist without turning the other scanlists off? I know you can hold on an object (frequency or talkgroup), but what about an entire scanlist?

Thanks!

Short answer to both is no - but I agree that both would be great features... :cool:

Most times, as in this case, programming software is typically more feature filled than the radios themselves. Some radios can't be programmed at all without software.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Short answer to both is no - but I agree that both would be great features... :cool:

Most times, as in this case, programming software is typically more feature filled than the radios themselves. Some radios can't be programmed at all without software.

Thanks Troy, this is what I figured, I just wanted to make sure.

A follow-up question: If I want to monitor private calls on a given trunked system, do I add a wildcard to the "Talkgroup Details", or to the "Radio ID Details" in the software? The instructions aren't clear on this point.

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks Troy, this is what I figured, I just wanted to make sure.

A follow-up question: If I want to monitor private calls on a given trunked system, do I add a wildcard to the "Talkgroup Details", or to the "Radio ID Details" in the software? The instructions aren't clear on this point.

A wildcard in the talkgroup section/tab finds undocumented/undefined talkgroups.

A wildcard in the radios section/tab will find private calls (since private calls aren't really defined anywhere).

TAbirdman

I have a new TRX-1 as well. To manually turn off or on a scan list or lists --- hit the menu button and go to "Main Menu". Arrow down to 'Scanlists" hit SEL which will take you to a list of all your Scanlists. Arrow up and down to check or uncheck your Scanlists in the left hand box next to each scan lists. Go back to Main Menu and SEL Scan. Only the checked Scanlists should be activated.

You can also use the FN button then the scan list # to turn on/off scan lists. Almost like the 1040/65 models. FN3 to turn scan list 3 on/off for example.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
You can also use the FN button then the scan list # to turn on/off scan lists. Almost like the 1040/65 models. FN3 to turn scan list 3 on/off for example.

I'm always interested in learning new things but this one, I'm curious. How is this different from just pushing the scanlist number/digits? I feel like I'm missing something.

TAbirdman

I'm always interested in learning new things but this one, I'm curious. How is this different from just pushing the scanlist number/digits? I feel like I'm missing something.

nope - not missing anything! lol its me. FN and then SL# works, Never tried simply pressing just the number! lol NEVERMIND! :p

TAbirdman

ok how about this: did you know that you can turn on/off multiple scan lists on the keyboard all at the same time? Simply but a decimal point after each #, for example 1.3.4.7.135. 110. 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.