TRX-1 software install problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

machoz

Premium Subscriber
Win 10 Pro current updates. Norton Security Suite and Malwarebytes Premium both with current updates. Try to install downloaded software, from Whistler, and all goes well for about 5 seconds until this:

Extract: Whistler_TRX-1.inf... 100%

Machine LOCKS UP....have to hard reset. I have installed the exact same software download on an OLD laptop running WIN 7 Pro and a MAC/Boot Camp/Win 10 with no problem.

I have disabled....ALL...security software as well and attempted the install in SAFE MODE! Checked the INF folder and the Registry for "TRX-1"...ARC500PRO....Radio Shack....etc.. Same results!

Suggestions? I did have the ARC500PRO software installed for my Radio Shack PR0-106. I uninstalled it before the TRX-1 software attempt.

Thanks! First-time poster....

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Did you ensure to never have plugged in the scanner prior to the installation? If not, maybe right click and uninstall any com port for the TRX1 that were added, then reboot and try the install again. I just went through a PITA Whistler .inf update that kept BSOD my PC earlier today...looks like yours is locking up on the USB .inf install part of the installer? Can you also maybe try installer with USB driver unchecked just to see if it completes?

Paul

machoz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info Anderegg! Tried everything I could think of. Still get the same "Lock up" at the same place.

GrandpaFrank

Try installing 7-Zip Available here and right click on the whistler setup file, navigate to 7zip option and choose extract files. It will then create a folder with the extracted whistler file. Proceed to run setup.

machoz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info GrandpaFrank! I did what you said and I now have a desktop icon and can access the software! I still haven't heard anything from the local PD/Fire that went to Phase II last Sunday. I'll keep trying to figure the programming thing out. THANKS, AGAIN!!!!! ;o)

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
I have a related question. Just took delivery of TRX-2. Running Windows 10. I prefer not to use the USB to connect scanner to PC. I will instead plug the SD card directly to the PC. My question, how do I update the firmware if the TRX is not connected to the PC? Do I down load firmware to the SD card and next plug the SD card in the Trx-2. If yes, how do I move the firmware update from the SD card to the TRX-2? Sorry I am a newbie. Thanks

TES

I have a related question. Just took delivery of TRX-2. Running Windows 10. I prefer not to use the USB to connect scanner to PC. I will instead plug the SD card directly to the PC. My question, how do I update the firmware if the TRX is not connected to the PC? . . .

You don't.

GrandpaFrank

I have a related question. Just took delivery of TRX-2. Running Windows 10. I prefer not to use the USB to connect scanner to PC. I will instead plug the SD card directly to the PC. My question, how do I update the firmware if the TRX is not connected to the PC? Do I down load firmware to the SD card and next plug the SD card in the Trx-2. If yes, how do I move the firmware update from the SD card to the TRX-2? Sorry I am a newbie. Thanks

You need to have the scanner plugged in to the usb to update the scanners firmware or cpu, it has no way to check what firmware you are running if it isn't connected. Luckily it only has to be done maybe once or twice every year or 2

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You need to have the scanner plugged in to the usb to update the scanners firmware or cpu, it has no way to check what firmware you are running if it isn't connected. Luckily it only has to be done maybe once or twice every year or 2

Unless you want to keep the firmware up to date for all the fixes then you will want to check monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.