TRX-1 stopped receiving channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajvet

Premium Subscriber
I have had my TRX-1 for several years and it has been picking up a lot of channels. A couple of weeks ago i updated it using EZ scanner. Now it hardly ever picks up anything. The weather channel works fine. The S meter show strong signals but the scanner does not stop scanning. I turned the squelch all the way down and it makes now difference. I am using the rubber ducky and a discone antenna. My uniden trunk tracker works fine with these antennas.
Is there some setting/s that i might have screwed up when i updated it?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
It would help to know what system(s) or frequency(ies) you're having trouble with so we can rule out issues like simulcast distortion, encryption, etc. Hard to come to a conclusion without knowing what you're listening to

tvengr

Well Known Member
In the TRX-1 programming software, go the File tab and Save Current Configuration to Archive. You will be able to name the file anything you like.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
All your data files are empty and I see two references to Iscan. Are you using whistler software?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I see all of the proper programming. What you are lacking is enabling the necessary scan lists. To receive all of the talkgroups and conventional frequencies you have programmed, go to the General Settings tab and enable scan lists 151 thru 159, 163, 168 thru 171, and 173. After enabling the scan lists, save the current configuration to archive and copy configuration to scanner memory/SD card.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you save the current configuration to archive, make sure you give the file a name that you can remember so that you can recall it later in case you have to restore the configuration. Don't miss reading previous post #11. It should address your problem.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Scan lists 151 thru 181 are your service types. You had only scan lists 151 (Multi Dispatch), 152 (Law Dispatch), and 153 (Fire Dispatch) enabled. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.