TRX-1: TRX-1 stuck at Whistler logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitizing

My TRX-1 stuck at whistler logo when powering on.
I can up/downgrade firmware without problem.
When the radio pluged in to USB, I can read/write the microsd.
Is there anyway to repair it myself? I can do solder/desoldering.
I'm outside US, so I think send to whistler for repair is not possible for me.

varagold

Hi,

I would check the SDCard first, using an external reader. Maybe the filesystem is corrupted or the SDCard is damaged.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

digitizing

Yes I have tried several SD card, but the result is same.
The SD card working fine in pro668.

Ubbe

The scanner displays "Init File System" before the logo comes up, so the SD Card and its files are ok. After the logo it should start to load your config from the SD card.

Have you tried to just format the card from EZ-Scan and not copy any config to it? It could be something wrong with the config files. Check if that will make it go past the logo screen.

If that works then save your current config to a v-scanner file and then also copy to a second v-scanner file and make that your startup v-scanner file. Edit that config and delete half of all system and see if that will fix it. If not, delete everything. If it solved the problem then copy your config again from the v-scanner file to a new v-scanner file and start deleting one system at the time and check when scanner starts working again. It's probably the last thing you added or edit that are the problem system.

I don't believe there's any hardware problem that needs to be repaired, it's just some configuration problem with the files.

/Ubbe

digitizing

I just tried to format the SD card without copying any config file (the SD card was blank after formatting),
it gave an error 05-00 (Unable to load CONFIG__.BIN)
Then I manually copy CONFIG__.BIN file to SD card (SD card content CONFIG__.BIN file, without any other folder)
And it stuck at whistler logo. I think the scanner have problem when loading DSP file (version 3.2)
but I'm sure that CONFIG__.BIN file is fine.
The size is 91090 byte and MD5 checksum is 5917941E41561B4ED16A9BA0F2A4F352.

Ubbe

It should start to load after the whistler logo, so you could be right that it is some kind of problem with the firmware. You can download the standalone firmware updater from whistlers website and they always have one older version available, so downgrade and start the scanner to inistialize with that version and then upgrade to current version.

/Ubbe

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Check all of your EZScan versions. Be sure to perform the PC Application update FIRST. Then do each of the remaining updates one at a time.

EZScan.JPG

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Not all micro SD cards are compatible with whistler scanners, get a 8gb Sandisk CLASS 4 speed card from amazon under $7 shipped with prime. Get this one...Amazon.com: SanDisk 8GB microSD High Capacity (microSDHC) Card - (Class 4) - 8 GB: Computers & Accessories

Then in ezscan use PREPARE card, check everything off so it formats, loads your configuration and the library data, if that does not fix it use the standalone installer to reinstall the CPU firmware, if that still doesn't fix it you will have to send it back to whistler.

Status
Not open for further replies.