TRX-1 Wildcard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
How do I remove the " Wildcard "option on a local P25 system I am hearing a the telephone busy signal when it briefly stops on a signal ( suspected encrypted) so it's bothersome

I do not see that option in ezscan or in the global settings?

mikey60

Wildcards are just another talkgroup object. Go into either the talkgroups tab on the Trunked systems tab, or the scanlist the wildcard is a member of on the Scanlists tab. Highlight the wildcard object and then click on the delete button.

Now the busy signal is indeed an encrypted transmission. To lock out just that talkgroup that's encrypted so that you can continue searching for new talkgroups, when the talkgroup is active, press the Menu key on the scanner's keypad, then select the store wildcard option. Then lock it out the next time it becomes active. Just pressing the skip button when the wildcard hits will lock out the wildcard object itself, which may or may not be what you want.

Mike

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I apologize for my ignorance, but I have never understood what exactly is meant by "wildcard"

And I am having difficulty entering talk groups, and following DMR systems

Anyone else experienced difficulty with monitoring some DMR systems?

mikey60

A Wildcard is a talkgroup object that will allow the scanner to receive a transmission that isn't programmed into the scanner. When the wildcard becomes active, there is an option to store that talkgroup object in the scanner.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.