TRX-1 wildcard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayvelcoro

I was under the impression that monitoring the system wildcard would reveal talkgroups not already programmed into the radio for a system. My "wildcard" function is allowing talkgroups already entered to pass through. Is this normal? I was trying to do research to discover new talkgroups which is nearly impossible given this situation.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
*Wildcard allows everything that comes through that Trunked Site to be heard.

Ed6698

Should not have any TGs that are already programmed come across with a wildcard. I have a couple VScanner folders setup that I load up with each system I monitor at times with record, it has every TG programmed in the particular system and locked out, only new wildcard hits come through.

Swipesy

Wildcard should only pull TG's not already saved in a System Scan List. So I'd TG 1234 Test is saved in the Scan List the Wildcard will pull only those TG's not numbered 1234.

rayvelcoro

Should not have any TGs that are already programmed come across with a wildcard. I have a couple VScanner folders setup that I load up with each system I monitor at times with record, it has every TG programmed in the particular system and locked out, only new wildcard hits come through.
Now that I think about it, the wildcard function is only doing this on one particular system that I monitor. On the others it only allows non-saved TG’s, which is preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.