TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
That does sound like a simulcast problem. For a handheld, the ideal solution is a Uniden SDS100 with the Remtronix REM-820S antenna. The SDS100 and SDS200 are the only 2 scanners designed to work with simulcast systems.

EyeInSkyPix

Before you go down the rabbit hole of playing with the attenuation mode, be advised that your simulcast problems will never be solved. You will become increasingly frustrated. Many of us have been down that road...
OK, what other rabbit hole do I need to go down? Right now, my TRX-1 gets nothing that it used to get at my house in May of 2019.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Unfortunately for simulcast, the only solution that works consistently is getting a radio specifically designed to handle it. Right now your only options are the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200, or one of the Unication pagers (if you're willing to give up a lot of scanner features to hear one system well).

tvengr

Well Known Member
That is a huge system. Your best bet is to update the database and scan by location unless someone in your area has a configuration file to share. I would suggest starting a thread on the California forum asking for a TRX-1 configuration file for the San Diego-Imperial County 800 Nextgen system.

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
If the NextGen system came online recently, what they did was make your TRX scanners not fully compatible with the system they are now using. The NextGen system is simulcast. Whistler was working on a new generation of scanners to be compatible with simulcast systems like NextGen (called the TRX-100/200), but they couldn't overcome the technical challenges and cancelled the project. As others have stated above, the Uniden SDS-100/200 and Unication pagers are built to be compatible with simulcast systems.

You can try some tweaks to attempt better reception, such as attenuation or using a directional attenna, but keep in mind that your success may be limited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.