TRX-100 / TRX-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

questnz

Like many others I am waiting for some serious and honest update from Whistler, I sold Trx 1 recently in antysipation
To get new scanner, the cat and mouse cachup game needs to stop so many of us can make alternative purchases.
1. Is the work on Trx 100/200 still continiue ?
2. Realistic release date is ?

Wendy, Whistler need to lift the game now please. Any photos would confirm Whistler commitment to scanning community.

Happy days Chris

AvidHiker

Man, some of you guys really are in need of some serious hand holding. You have official word which stated no sooner than Q2 2019. Obviously, that remains unchanged. You can't expect an update when there's no reason to believe that anything has changed since the last update. Given the incessant whining and speculation, I'm not at all surprised they're reluctant to say anything until they've got a good degree of confidence in their next update. Until then, you have your answer, maybe in a month or 2, maybe not. These things are not so simple, yet many like to trivialize the development process. If you've got it all figured out, just DIY and make a fortune, LOL. It was the same with the senseless Uniden bashing over the SDS100, which, for many, worked beautifully straight out of the box.

Swipesy

The real issue here is not so much whether or not Whistler produces a new scanner but more of a serious credibility issue corporate Whistler has. First there was their poorly handled hacking issue and their behavior with that. Now shortly on the heels of the hacking problem they announce a year ago what now appears to be a vaporware scanner with no followup with their customers. Companies work hard to build customer loyalty and new customers because competition is keen. Whistler has demonstrated a "could care less" attitude towards their buying public. Lack of trust is a major consumer issue.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Man, some of you guys really are in need of some serious hand holding. You have official word which stated no sooner than Q2 2019. Obviously, that remains unchanged. You can't expect an update when there's no reason to believe that anything has changed since the last update. Given the incessant whining and speculation, I'm not at all surprised they're reluctant to say anything until they've got a good degree of confidence in their next update. Until then, you have your answer, maybe in a month or 2, maybe not. These things are not so simple, yet many like to trivialize the development process. If you've got it all figured out, just DIY and make a fortune, LOL. It was the same with the senseless Uniden bashing over the SDS100, which, for many, worked beautifully straight out of the box.

I may have missed it, but where was the "official" announcement of Q2 2019? The closest I saw was that somebody posted that they were told by a Whistler rep at CES that it was delayed until Q2-not exactly an official, easily verifiable statement. If someone can point me to a post from the company, I'd like to read it for myself.

radio3353

The real issue here is not so much whether or not Whistler produces a new scanner but more of a serious credibility issue corporate Whistler has. First there was their poorly handled hacking issue and their behavior with that. Now shortly on the heels of the hacking problem they announce a year ago what now appears to be a vaporware scanner with no followup with their customers. Companies work hard to build customer loyalty and new customers because competition is keen. Whistler has demonstrated a "could care less" attitude towards their buying public. Lack of trust is a major consumer issue.

Exactly. AvidHiker has some good points, but he or she missed the main point. On this subject (new scanner under development) Whistler has completely disengaged themselves from their (potential) customers. That is why people have no choice but to keep asking to try to elicit a response from Whistler. Whistler marketing is failing even if their engineering is working on something good.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not to mention that Wendy has only made two post in 3 months and neither of those were about the scanner. They have put a hush order on her JUST LIKE GRE did when it closed up shop and left town.

allend

Premium Subscriber
And then Whistler had nothing to show at the last big convention. You do not come to game without your ducks lined up. If you can't see the writing on the wall then I am not sure what else to say. No pictures and no specs means NOTHING as of now.

You can't stay in business when you have other companies blowing sales over you and Whistler is not prepared to show up to the game. Its over with them

AvidHiker

I understand the point of this thread, I simply find it borderline idiotic. I'm sorry to hear of so many gripes with the company, but you are not owed anything. Multiple people reported receiving the same response from Whistler at CES - I consider that official enough. Besides, this response was so vague that it's perfectly obvious why they wouldn't have put it in writing. There are no guarantees at this point. Wait or move on. What's the alternative, they admit to being completely lost on the project (if that's even what's happening)? No company in their right mind would put that in writing.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
That is why people have no choice but to keep asking to try to elicit a response from Whistler.
Or those people could just be patient. Whistler is under no obligation to give a blow-by-blow of its scanner development. If it wants to do that, great! But if not, then no big deal - at least to me.

I'm in the market for a new scanner, just like many people. I want to see what Whistler is cooking up, but I'm not climbing the walls over it.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
GRE had pictures of the FAMED PSR-900 they even had about 6 or 8 test units and FOLDED in the middle of it. Wendy had every opportunity when she posted 2 times to say how things are going AND DID NOT. Any person in this forum can say they are building a scanner and would be ask by the same people to prove it. Even the GRE/WHISTLER diehards would ask you to prove you were building a scanner but when we ask Whistler to prove we get bashed.

mule1075

Feed Provider
GRE had pictures of the FAMED PSR-900 they even had about 6 or 8 test units and FOLDED in the middle of it. Wendy had every opportunity when she posted 2 times to say how things are going AND DID NOT. Any person in this forum can say they are building a scanner and would be ask by the same people to prove it. Even the GRE/WHISTLER diehards would ask you to prove you were building a scanner but when we ask Whistler to prove we get bashed.
I have not seen anyone getting bashed so to speak. All I have noticed is a bunch of posts with people who obviously have a crystal ball and know what Whistler's engineering and marketing department are doing. Bottom line is if the scanners come to fruition they do and if the don't they don't either way it is not the end of the world.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have not seen anyone getting bashed so to speak. All I have noticed is a bunch of posts with people who obviously have a crystal ball and know what Whistler's engineering and marketing department are doing. Bottom line is if the scanners come to fruition they do and if the don't they don't either way it is not the end of the world.

Stop making sense! Jeez...

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I just sent in a TRX-1 for some basic fixes. Sooner the better, just in case they close up shop for good.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Last official announcement in writing, directly from Whistler was back in Nov 2018 and it said the new scanners were pushed back to Qtr 1 2019....tick, tock, tick, tock.....5 more days till the end of Qtr 1 2019. So I am expecting another announcement to update us.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yes we will get another push back with no specs and no pictures. If you have any common sense or reasoning then you will understand why Whistler is pretty much a fly by night company and will never hold up to Uniden. Oh and Uniden is no where perfect either. Their radios from the BCD996P2 on has gone down hill too.

questnz

No I don’t need any hand holding as AvidHiker said, thank you. What I (we) need is some honest answer where we are with TRX100/TRX200 development and more realistic release date. After all hoo ha announcement and postponement twice to Q2 last, all got silent. Are we soon to get another postponement to Q3 then another to before Xmas?? Frustrating stuff.
So Wendy, where are we, we compiling ingredients, making dough, baking in the Owen, or ready to be served.
Just tick one please.

Last edited:

AvidHiker

@questnz, that's at least Q2, could be next year for all you know. If you need to be told that nothing has changed since the last official word, then, yes, hand holding is absolutely what you need. You will get an update when there's an update to be given - and it could be a release window or a project cancellation notice. Until such time as they've made some kind of decision, the silence is to be expected. See? So simple. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.