TRX-2 4.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

milcom_chaser

Cannot do CPU update. Fails every time. CSerial::Open - CreateFile(\\.\COM6) failed, GetLastError()==0x00000002.

Is this the only update that has failed? or is this true for all updates (Firmware, DSP, EZ Scan, etc).
This looks like a COM port issue between the TRX and the PC...

Do you have another PC you can try to update the TRX with? That would isolate the problem further...

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
This might be a EZ Scan problem.

Do the CPU and DSP updates before you update EZ Scan and see if it works better that way--at least for those who have not yet updated.

Before today, when was the last time you updated the EZ Scan software?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I was having the issue where the CPU update kept failing but then I disconnected the cable from the scanner side then while holding the MENU key down, plugged it back in. At that point it forces the radio into the CPU update mode properly and then the update worked right away the first try.

gvodvarka

TRX-2 CPU Update

Downloaded the latest version this morning and it Completed and the scanner starts working but when I go to a menu item I get a Error Detected Please contact Whistler Service for Assistance Code:1-01 I also after turning off I the the original Error. Downloaded 3.2 and it fixed all the errors. I guess there are many bugs in 4.0.

Last edited:

gvodvarka

Downloaded the latest version this morning and it Completed and the scanner starts working but when I go to a menu item I get a Error Detected Please contact Whistler Service for Assistance Code:1-01 I also after turning off I the the original Error. Downloaded 3.2 and it fixed all the errors. I guess there are many bugs in 4.0.

They sent me 4.1 CPU and l think it's fixed. They also updated the EZ software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.