TRX-2 And P25 OHIO- Miami Co -Montgomery Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarylPelaston

I recently purchased a Whistler TRX-2

I`m trying to get it programmed correctly..
i have programmed it using Zip Code , and I have created configuration same results either way ..
I am getting very little traffic ,
i rarely hear local dispatch , or car -car radio
I see all the channel and talk groups listed in EZ-Scan and have confirmed their not locked out

i tried locking out one county and just focus on a single site ,, eliminating so many channel to see if it was just scanning to many channel no help

if i log onto the live feed online here at radio reference ,, I hearing all kinds of traffic ,there ,, but not on the scanner .

I have tried using both supplied antenna , and outside antenna

Can anyone advise me on what the heck is wrong or have a working archive for Montgomery county(Dayton Ohio ) Miami Co. Troy Ohio

thank you

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I think you may have answered this but just in case its my understanding these scanners do not scan all sites you have programmed.

Which means it may not be scanning the site you need.
You have to duplicate the system for each site you want to monitor and then either lock out or delete all other sites but the one site for each site you wish to scan.

Then put those sites into a playlist/scanlist. See if that helps. Also don't put control channel only in but all frequencies for each site.

Its a pain but recent RS/Whistler scanners don't have the check all CCs option in them.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Its not about each county but the sites. This is assuming there is more than one site in the radio system you're trying to monitor.

For instance on the system I listen to at home I have Sites 221, 222, 223, 224, 226 and sometimes 231 within range of me. So I had to create six separate systems, delete all sites but the one for each, then put those six sites into one playlist/scanlist. Each site will have TGs in it for the entire system and you can leave them or edit them down to only those TGs which you want.

The sites are the radio frequencies themselves that go with each site. You can set up areas of TGs to monitor in scanlists too such as by county but you need all the sites you can get in your area to start with.

DarylPelaston

i have attached a screen shot of my setup ,, please bare with me im new to the P25 setup

thank you

Attachments

• SnapCrab_NoName_2017-4-29_0-21-1_No-00.jpg
    SnapCrab_NoName_2017-4-29_0-21-1_No-00.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 316

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Well my eyes aren't what they used to be but it looks like you have four sites active. That means its only scanning one of them.
Hit duplicate system three times.
That will give you four instances of this system. You want to go in and lock out every site but one in each system. You want a different site unlocked for each of the four systems.
Go up to top and rename each site to whatever it is so you know which one is coming in when it hits traffic.

Then assign a playlist/scanlist to everything talk group wise and wildcard wise in each of those four systems.

So site one would be lets say playlist/scanlist 8 and site 2 would be list 9 etc. Make sure you then go into the general settings where it shows the enabled playlists/scanlists and enable 8 and 9 plus the other two.

Then scan away hopefully

DarylPelaston

Is there some-one I can Email my Archive to and have it reviewed , and cleaned up /setup properly .. and sent back to me ..

Status
Not open for further replies.