TRX 2 Base inside the house antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

LB_Scan

Hi

I have trx 2 base scanner and i like to know what the best antenna for the trs 2 base scanner. thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have trx 2 base scanner and i like to know what the best antenna for the trs 2 base scanner. thanks

There are lot's of things that play into antenna selection, like @jtwalker said, what are you listening to? A trunked simulcast system is different than a non-simulcast sytem, 800 MHz different than 450 MHz or aircraft. There are generic antennas, but we wouldn't want to recommend them if you have something in particular you want to hear. Also, how close is the tower to you, are you looking for an indoor or outdoor antenna, and many other factors. Help us to help you by giving more details.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
yeah 25-1300 (1,300) MHz
So in other words, the entire coverage of the scanner. Stock antenna isn't working for you? So I guess I should ask what specific band(s) are you having trouble bringing in? The thing with antennas(ae) is that they often aren't resonant across all bands equally so you'll need to pick one up tuned to the band(s) you listen to the most or are having trouble bringing in. A discone antenna mounted high above your roofline with quality coax will bring much more to your radio but it will likely make simulcast distortion worse if it is a factor with any system you listen to. Also not all RF environments are created equal.
What is your budget? What specific agencies are you having trouble bringing in?

Status
Not open for further replies.