TRX-2 Copy Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
When copying from the Whistler Programming software to my TRX-2 I get a few errors.
The following files are considered corrupt: CG000000._CG, TS000002._GI and TS000006._GI.
Any idea as to what the contents are in these files?
Should I just delete them and let the program rebuild them?

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Thanks!

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Once I get a handful of errors, I just reformat the card and re-install it all. I get around 10 program updates before I begin to get errors on the specific V-Scanner folders.

Ubbe

The TS files are your trunked systems. Look in that tab for system 2 and 6. Those are corrupt on the SD card and you have to resend the EZScan programming to the card.

The CG file are your global configuration.

The TRXs usb handling are not the best and are easily disturbed, seems to lack any sort of error handling overflow/queueing control.

It's nothing wrong with the card, only trashed files software wise. Best to delete the files first.

/Ubbe

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
John, on the computer you were using, was it a work computer or personal? If work, do you happen to know if Redirected Folders is turned on, and specifically, redirecting your My Documents folder? I'm narrowing down what I believe is a bug in EzScan that can't copy to offline Redirected Folders in Windows.

The symptom is exactly what you saw, when attempting to copy config from SD card to computer, it fails on all those files. Problem is before the copy function, it deletes the files on the computer so then my local config is all wiped out. Trying to refrain from putting a fist through the screen...

norcalscan

Premium Subscriber
Yeah now that I know what makes it crap the bed, I have my backups and workarounds dialed in now. I was afraid I lost it all, but the SD card was just fine, it was just my local config stored in My Documents.

Redirected Folders is a common feature setup on business laptops to allow certain folders to really live on a file server somewhere, but presents itself to Windows as a local folder. Properly written software handles this just fine, and EZscan can read from the directory, and delete from the directory, but chokes when trying to write. If it was a problem with Redirected Folders or something else, it wouldn't be able to read or delete either. Out of software for Kenwood, Icom, Relm, Motorola, Nat and Technisonic, cheap chinese clones, uniden, etc. this is the only software that doesn't behave (and the only software that forces/hard-wires its config files to My Documents directory, instead of the proper appdata directory, or even a custom location set by the user.)

I'll be taking this to Whistler to hopefully improve.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I formatted the card again and it now copies without errors.
I'm running Vista on an older computer with Explorer 9 with one HD. Works well.
Only strange issue is out of nowhere when I now go to the RR web site I don't get the maps anymore.
It's like running it on a IPhone. I didn't change anything, but I can live with it.

Thanks!

norcalscan

Premium Subscriber
You could use the -d command line switch and have it store the data wherever you want. The command line parameter is listed in the help file.

OMIGOSH! :eek: How long has that been there?! hahahaha this will solve my issue. I'll still try to submit the bug in case it's indicative of a larger underlying issue in their program, but this is perfect.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.