TRX-2 Delay time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I am having an issue on DMR and NXDN frequencies. They are conventional and set for a 5 second delay. I also have priority scan on every 4 seconds. If the scanner stops on traffic say on a conventional DMR that does not have priority set I will hear the traffic but as soon as it is over the scanner starts scanning again no waiting for traffic. It stops on a busy priority NXDN system it seems to wait the 5 seconds before resuming.

On a programmed trunked DMR system it may stop with traffic I hear the 4 seconds then a cut-out as it scans priority channels. When it returns it does not wait for traffic or pick up if current traffic exists and continues scanning.

I believe this is also happening with NXDN but the non priority and trunks are not that busy today. If I turn off priority it does stay on a conversation longer but has continued scanning without waiting or cutting out.

This does seem to happen on systems with less than 4 bars.

Also has anyone noticed if you have enough trunking systems in EZScan that causes the systems window to scroll, if you change a dwell time in say the 4th item it will scroll down to the last in the window.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
My EZ Scan does the same thing on that tab.

If your delay is longer than the priority time, you will never see that long of a delay hold occur. If the active talkgroup is set to priority, you'll likely hear just a short blip cutout before the radio finds the same talkgroup again.

It sounds nice to be able to hold long on active conversations while not worrying about missing anything important, but with a scanner that has just one receiver and iffy firmware, you might experience some weird stuff.

That said, I am a bit biased against priority mode--I find it annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.