TRX 2 DSP Update Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
My Whistler/TRX2 software shows that there is a DSP update. When I try to do the update I get the message that my TRX2 is not connected. I have tried disconnecting, rebooting the computers and a different cable with no luck. No, there is no power attached to the TRX2. I have one computer with Windows 10 and one with Windows Vista and neither will up load the DSP software. Both have worked fine for all other past updates.

Any suggestion?

I can via the cable read and write to the SD card programming, but not the DSP update.

Happy Easter!!!

Thanks!

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Make sure windows 10 is up to date, Scanner must be OFF, Reboot the pc with scanner connected. try set the clock via ezscan. if it won't set,
go to device manager and see if the scanner COMPORT driver is listed under comport.

If it is, in ezscan try and set the clock, if it sets you should be good to do firmware updates, if it won't set delete the drive and reinstall use the "Unsigned driver process" (google it)

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Make sure windows 10 is up to date, Scanner must be OFF, Reboot the pc with scanner connected. try set the clock via ezscan. if it won't set,
go to device manager and see if the scanner COMPORT driver is listed under comport.

If it is, in ezscan try and set the clock, if it sets you should be good to do firmware updates, if it won't set delete the drive and reinstall use the "Unsigned driver process" (google it)

My Whistler/TRX2 software shows that there is a DSP update. When I try to do the update I get the message that my TRX2 is not connected. I have tried disconnecting, rebooting the computers and a different cable with no luck. No, there is no power attached to the TRX2. I have one computer with Windows 10 and one with Windows Vista and neither will up load the DSP software. Both have worked fine for all other past updates.

Any suggestion?

I can via the cable read and write to the SD card programming, but not the DSP update.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
The scanner MUST be turned off, The driver for firmware is different then the one reading the sdcard. As my instructions above stated, Delete the COMPORT driver and reinstall using the "unsigned driver" process for windows 10. if that doesn't work try another PC as some USB chipsets are not compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.