TRX-2: TRX-2 Error Detected 4-00

markn455

Premium Subscriber
Almost every time I plug i the USB I get Error Detected, Please contact Whistler Service for assistance. Service instructed me on how to clear the error which is fine. However, why does the error keep occurring over and over again. This seems a little buggy for a well established scanner that has been out there for years. My TRX-2 was manufactured in July. I purchased it about a month ago.

-Mark

N1GAW

Premium Subscriber
@markn455 This isn't a scanner issue usually, it is a SD card issue. I would suggest two options.

1. Reformat SD card through EZ Scan and select the option to load configuration and library. If that doesn't help...

2. Replace SD card, and use option 1 to prepare it. Unless you do a lot of recording (like 24/7 on a busy system) an 8mb card should be fine.

Ubbe

This seems a little buggy for a well established scanner that has been out there for years.
The USB function are very buggy. I gave up on these error codes that requires you to remove the head and disconnect power and so on. I now remove the SD card and use it with a SD card reader whenever I want to listen to recordings and change the programming.

/Ubbe

DJ11DLN

Premium Subscriber
Anyone with one of these scanners would be wise to keep a spare card, programmed and ready to go, at hand. Over time the instances of the cards becoming corrupted seem to have gotten a lot less with the ongoing FW updates, at least on my units, but it does still happen once in awhile and sometimes the card is DOA from too many read/write cycles and formatting it can't fix the problem.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Mark, with the scanner off, remove the front panel. Then remove and replace the SD Card 4, 5, or 6 times. Re-Install the front panel and power on. It should work then. My TRX-2 did the same thing for about the first 2 months that I had it. I, as well as others on here, believe that the contacts in the scanner do not make good contact with the SD Card until it has been removed and re-inserted several times. Mine hardly ever gives me trouble anymore. Hope this helps.

Ubbe

...believe that the contacts in the scanner do not make good contact with the SD Card until it has been removed and re-inserted several times...
That could be the problems and the scanner will then have all sorts of problems when accessing the card during scanning. The SD card that Whistler supplied with my scanner was DOA and cannot be revived in any way, the controller seems dead. So they might have had, or still have, quality problems with the SD brand they use. It didn't help trying to understand a new complicated scanner when the SD card are faulty from the start and you blame yourself for doing something wrong.

/Ubbe

CycleSycho

:) Just an FYI... My card readable CC's have a problem with it becoming slightly oxidized so every once in a while I have to 'erase' that oxidation. Rarely do I have a problem with the equipment, only the much 'cheaper' contacts used in various readable media. Just an FYI again, a regular unused pencil eraser is an excellent safe item to use, just make sure it is clean of anything that would cause problems with crossing over into other contacts on it. :)

markn455

Premium Subscriber

:) Just an FYI... My card readable CC's have a problem with it becoming slightly oxidized so every once in a while I have to 'erase' that oxidation. Rarely do I have a problem with the equipment, only the much 'cheaper' contacts used in various readable media. Just an FYI again, a regular unused pencil eraser is an excellent safe item to use, just make sure it is clean of anything that would cause problems with crossing over into other contacts on it. :)

I will take a look at this. Seems off however for a new scanner that was manufactured this past July.
Thanks!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Reformatting or replacing the SD card solves this problem when I get the error. SD cards are a weak link in many later model scanners.