TRX-2. Metal or plastic case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Is the TRX-2 case made of metal or plastic>
Asking because I think scanners in metal cases (like the BC996) have better RFI shielding, at least that is just my opinion, but I would like to know if the -2 case is metal or plastic.
Thanks

scosgt

So does it work well in a car? I have never found a hand held that picks up much of anything but static on the highway, while a BC 996 with a remote head works great. Of course it is pretty much obsolete, but trying to find out if the TRX-2 is a good replacement for mobile use.

Ubbe

It should work well. It seems to be well built. I have to make a cigarette lighter cable, as Whistler didn't included that, to be able to do a drive test and compare to other scanners.

A car nowadays have a lot of electronics that make interferencies to scanners. A well built scanner will only receive thru the antenna and the placement of a car antenna are crucial. I use a magnet foot antenna and move it around on the roof the get minimum of interferencies. Having the antenna lower, on the bumper or trunk, will place it closer to electronics that radiate thru the windows and are less desirable.

As I can see so far, having it close to computers and other scanners, digital boxes and routers, it doesn't let in any interferencies directly to the receiver, it only comes in from the antenna.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.