TRX-2 missing DMR transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a TRX-2 and got it programmed, after programming I found out that it isn't receiving DMR. can someone please help me

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
What exactly are you trying to monitor? Where are you trying to monitor? How did you program it? Have you updated it to the latest firmware? Did you update the RRDB in the software?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to monitor Raleigh County Board of Education which switched to DMR this school year, Oceana Police Department Private. I did program the scanner myself using the Whistler EZ Scan software, the firmware is 2.2, and I am in Raleigh County, WV. I keyed up the portable to see if it would receive just incase there wasn't any traffic on the board of education channels and it still wouldn't receive.

What exactly are you trying to monitor? Where are you trying to monitor? How did you program it? Have you updated it to the latest firmware? Did you update the RRDB in the software?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
TRX-2 DMR

Did you add all the talk-groups? If not known? just add a WILDCARD in the EZSCAN Trunked settings where the talk-groups would be listed. That's what I had to do for a School District DMR here with my WS1080. I found 3 new talk-groups that way. OR you might try adding the frequencies as conventional objects only, not as a trunked system. Then set the delay to 5 or 6 seconds. I also dropped back to the 4.1 firmware as 4.3 ruined my ability to listen to DMR trunked systems. Don't know why but I'm sure it's debated on a forum post somewhere. 4.1 works perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Did you add all the talk-groups? If not known? just add a WILDCARD in the EZSCAN Trunked settings where the talk-groups would be listed. That's what I had to do for a School District DMR here with my WS1080. I found 3 new talk-groups that way. OR you might try adding the frequencies as conventional objects only, not as a trunked system. Then set the delay to 5 or 6 seconds. I also dropped back to the 4.1 firmware as 4.3 ruined my ability to listen to DMR trunked systems. Don't know why but I'm sure it's debated on a forum post somewhere. 4.1 works perfect.

He said he's on 2.2 so he's looking at the software. Did you update the scanner to 4.1 or higher? I'm using 4.3 for some DMR and it works great while some have issues with it.

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
I just updated the firmware to 3.3 and the Oceana Police Private is working now. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see if the board of education channels will work now. It is to my knowledge that the board of education channels are set up as conventional DMR channels and not trunking.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I just updated the firmware to 3.3 and the Oceana Police Private is working now. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see if the board of education channels will work now. It is to my knowledge that the board of education channels are set up as conventional DMR channels and not trunking.

I don't see DMR listed for the BOE but it may not be up to date.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=3037

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@102Whisenant- Yes. School hour monitoring worked for me.

@mikeS104 - Yes, I went between 4.3 and 4.1 about 8 times comparing the two. 4.3 ruins stuff. We discussed this in another thread after other's noticed they could no longer get two sided conversations on their trunked DMR systems. My videos on Youtube were both for a DMR site using 4.1. They were nothing like that after after 4.3 came out. I just went to Whistler and got the app for dropping back to 4.1 and I'm listening to it now perfectly. Also a specialized yagi antenna for the correct frequencies made all the difference. Even with that antenna, 4.3 doesn't trunk right. 4.1 it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
@102Whisenant- Yes. School hour monitoring worked for me.

@mikeS104 - Yes, I went between 4.3 and 4.1 about 8 times comparing the two. 4.3 ruins stuff. We discussed this in another thread after other's noticed they could no longer get two sided conversations on their trunked DMR systems. My videos on Youtube were both for a DMR site using 4.1. They were nothing like that after after 4.3 came out. I just went to Whistler and got the app for dropping back to 4.1 and I'm listening to it now perfectly. Also a specialized yagi antenna for the correct frequencies made all the difference. Even with that antenna, 4.3 doesn't trunk right. 4.1 it is.

I saw that post. I'm monitoring DMR right now in Staunton VA using my Hytera DMR radio, Uniden 436HP, and Whistler TRX-1. All sound great and decode will. Both scanners are on the latest firmware and have Staunton PD programmed in as a single channel trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.