TRX-2 Not receiving Connecticut State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockwavrider

Finally decided to pogram my TRX-2 which has been sitting around for quite awhile. After all the firmware & DSP updates I decided to load her up and create my scanlists.

I used the EZScan library import from RR and picked all the appropriate channels including deprecated ones for what is no CLMRN, but I am not receiving anything and I live in a busy areas right along the I-95 corridor in Troop G territory bordering on both Fairfield and New Haven counties.

Is there a particular setting(s) that act as a squelch for these systems that I must adjust if the radio is not picking up any transmissions? Is it blowing by the transmissions and signals due to a incorrect setting?

Should the import directly from RR library that gets pulled through EZ-Scan be correct as of this date and formatted correctly to go right into the TRX-2 without an tweaks?

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance-

Mike

k5xs

Premium Subscriber
I was having similar issues with my TRX-1 with a system in Northwest Arkansas. I bought a Uniden SDS100.

The difference was like night and day; I began hearing things steadily that I was only rarely hearing on my TRX-1.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, there are folks having issues with reception of the CT Statewide system even on the SDSx00 radios. Just keep in mind that buying a $700 scanner may not fix it.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.