TRX-2 NXDN Conv display settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I have a conventional NXDN channel programmed. It is not a trunk system. I have my display blink times both set to 2.00. I have Line 5 set to radio ID for conventional. When a transmission is received I see the radio ID displayed then the ran but it blinks so fast between them only radio id is readable. Am I missing something should it not follow the same blink time as the rest?

racingfan360

Hi, this is a bug that's been present ever since the NXDN upgrade was added. I mentioned it here for my TRX1.....http://forums.radioreference.com/2702890-post9.html Its as if in NXDN mode it ignores the Global Blink time settings. I've emailed in a bug report some time ago, but as Whistler haven't acknowledged the email yet, I've no idea if they're working on a fix for it yet.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I may also mail in a report. Wasn't sure if it was a bug as I have only had the radio a few days.

racingfan360

Thanks I may also mail in a report. Wasn't sure if it was a bug as I have only had the radio a few days.
No worries....emailing another bug report can't do any harm. Another forum member confirmed they too had the same problem. As it works fine in Analogue and/or DMR mode, it must be a bug.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Interestingly holding on the conventional system the fast blinking switched to a slow blink showing the information only when a particular unit transmits to dispatch. Looking at DSD these are all group calls dispatch is RID 325 and the unit causing the display to operate correctly is RID 1 . The other units show as the same RID 325 as dispatch when transmitting

Status
Not open for further replies.