TRX-2: TRX-2 ordered... it begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

Long time Uniden user here, now getting my feet wet with Whistler.
I own a GRECOM scanner so I'm familiar with the Whistler scanner programming style.
I will have the opportunity to run it side by side with Uniden flagship scanner, the BCD536HP and the recently updated BCD996P2.
I love the detachable face the TRX-2 offers and I hope to have a pleasing experience with this scanner.
Any tips? Fire away!
Anyone using it mobile? I want to tryout an install on our 2017 Mustang but my main question will be the antenna.

a066b3ec8181ac812a235c0df949188f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SCPD

QRT
Download ezscan ahead of time and get familiar with the software.
I agree take time to get use to ez Scan, be patient
I did find you can easily import data from Uniden Sential using the clipboard feature of ez Scan
I too was excited about the detachable face plate until I realized it's impossible to mount it anywhere
I'm hoping a third party comes up with a mounting kit for mobile and home use
home
I

ecarvalho

I agree take time to get use to ez Scan, be patient

I did find you can easily import data from Uniden Sential using the clipboard feature of ez Scan

I too was excited about the detachable face plate until I realized it's impossible to mount it anywhere

I'm hoping a third party comes up with a mounting kit for mobile and home use

home

I

I will. Tho I have ez-scan for years which I used for my GRECOM scanner.
As for the detach face I was considering a flexible arm kind of mounting... similar to those used for laptops but without the large platform...
ie.: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRRSXPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zH2Kyb3BBY9AR

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that the head is magnetic on the back so you can attach it to something metal or use the included bracket to attach it, if desired. That might help you determine how you want to mount it, in case you weren't aware it is magnetic.

ecarvalho

Keep in mind that the head is magnetic on the back so you can attach it to something metal or use the included bracket to attach it, if desired. That might help you determine how you want to mount it, in case you weren't aware it is magnetic.

really? that's cool! thanks

ecarvalho

Anderegg not all items can be returned.
if you agree at purchase to forfeit that option in exchange for a discount on the price.

KD6HRI

Long time Uniden user here, now getting my feet wet with Whistler.
I own a GRECOM scanner so I'm familiar with the Whistler scanner programming style.
I will have the opportunity to run it side by side with Uniden flagship scanner, the BCD536HP and the recently updated BCD996P2.
I love the detachable face the TRX-2 offers and I hope to have a pleasing experience with this scanner.
Any tips? Fire away!
Anyone using it mobile? I want to tryout an install on our 2017 Mustang but my main question will be the antenna.

a066b3ec8181ac812a235c0df949188f.jpg

Excellent! like you I have a Radio Shack PRO-197 that is actually made by GRE so I am hip on how to use Whistler scanners. I have their WS1088 and I just ordered the TRX-2 that comes Monday. I also have a BCD536HP and a BCT15X. Direct entry programming the Whistlers is far easier then the Uniden's. I really like my Uniden scanners, but I believe you will be very happy with the TRX-2

ecarvalho

Excellent! like you I have a Radio Shack PRO-197 that is actually made by GRE so I am hip on how to use Whistler scanners. I have their WS1088 and I just ordered the TRX-2 that comes Monday. I also have a BCD536HP and a BCT15X. Direct entry programming the Whistlers is far easier then the Uniden's. I really like my Uniden scanners, but I believe you will be very happy with the TRX-2

Mine arrives Monday as well! Thanks, that's awesome to know!

ecarvalho

The TRX-2 is here. Got it connected, all updated and I will post some videos later.

Status
Not open for further replies.