TRX-2 poor DMR decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketNJ

Hi All,

Picked up a TRX-2 when they had the flash sale a few weeks ago. I already have a TRX-1.

My local PD is using a conventional DMR RAS enabled repeater. The TRX-1 decodes almost all of the transmissions using the stock antenna (UHF 450 freq.). The TRX-2 is missing more than half the transmissions. I've compared with both on at the same time.

I've tried with both loaded from RR database and also with TRX-2 set for wildcards for TS, Color, and TG. No difference.

Both have latest CPU and DSP firmware loaded.

Decoding of the county P25 system is fine on both so doesn't appear to be a sensitivity issue.

Any ideas?

Ubbe

It doesn't seem to have much impact but compare the NFM/FM setting.

Try entering that single frequency in tune mode Fn+0 and open up the squelch until you hear the noise.
If you can hear the DMR data starting and it doesn't mute the audio and decodes, it must be some problem with the DMR decoding feature. But if you don't hear that DMR signal and the TRX-1 receives a call it must be some sort of RF problem.

/Ubbe

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried a full reset on the radio and then reload your data? I have both, TRX-1 and TRX-2 and both decode DMR, NXDN, and P25 with no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.