TRX-2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf9aq

Hi.. I am new to the TRX-2, so please bear with me. I have loaded the EZ scan software and have set up 3 different VS files. VS-001 is a state trunking system, vs-002 is a City trunk system, vs-003 is anothe state trunk system. I have copied those to the scanner successfully. On power up the scanner will default to VS.001. I am trying to figure out how to switch between the 3 different VS files thru the scanner keypad.. I have read the manual over and over.. Am I missing something?? On my Uniden BCD996XT all I would do is hit the number for what ever Scan group on would want to listen do.. Thanks again, from a newbie to the Whistler TRX-2
Kevin KF9AQ

tvengr

Well Known Member
Unless you have a huge number of systems that you want to recall by the area you are in, there is no reason to use V-Scanner folders. With everything in the main configuration file, you can select anything you want to monitor by entering the scan list numbers. Which systems do you wish to monitor? When you save the configuration file to archive, give it a name that makes sense rather than a CDAT number.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Use V scanner (VIRTUAL scanner) folders when you physically leave the area you normally monitor...this allows for a change of EVERY setting of the scanner for each folder. You can just use scanlist and turn them on or off at will via the keyboard.

kf9aq

Thanks for the info.. I will wipe clean the scanner and delete the VS files and start over. I will put the 3 different trunk systems in the CDAT file. I assume that is the main config file... Then work on scan lists.. Almost like my Uniden BCD996XT, but been couple years since I did any programming on it... Thanks again...

tvengr

Well Known Member
Once you complete your programming, go the the File tab in EZ Scan and Save Current Configuration to Archive. Give it a file name that makes sense (not a CDAT number) and Save.

Status
Not open for further replies.