TRX-2: TRX-2 says 'waiting for main unit'. Power is unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

kent1966

Trying to start again using my trx 2. started an overll database update and PC was really low on power. PC rebooted during update process , now scanner has this same message, and doesnt connect to PC. I tried the firmware update before posting here, but scanner and PC aren't "talking". All help is appreciated!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it could be a SD card issue, I'd take the SD card out and using the SD card reader reformat it and try loading configuration in EZ Scan. If that doesn't work try a different card format it using EZ Scan, not the scanner.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The power to give that 'waiting for main unit' message is coming from the USB connection.
After you do what N1GAW said, unplug the USB cable and the power connector from the TRX-2.
After you put the SD card back in the TRX-2, plug in just the power adapter and hold the power button down and make sure the radio boots up normally.
After it boots up, turn it back off with its power button and then plug in the USB cable. After maybe 15 to 30 seconds, the computer should recognize the TRX-2 again so you can try the database and firmware updates again.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Courtesy of KC21HD, try this: OK here's what you need to do ............ 1st Remove and detach the face.. 2nd step remove the SD card.. 3rd step replace the face with no SD card in the unit.. 4th step hold down the power button for 30/35 seconds.. Last step Replace the SD card and repower up the unit ! This should work been there

Status
Not open for further replies.