TRX-2 step issue - can't accept control channel freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTastyCat

Hey all - think I *finally* figured out why my local NXDN is dead as a doornail when running as a trunked system but there's tons of traffic when monitoring the freqs conventionally.

The TRX-2 refuses to accept the control channel freq of 464.4625. It's the CC for the Pleasant View site of this system:

Tennessee Homeland Security District 7 NXDN Trunking System, Various, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

Bandplan is set to USA and Flexstep is on, though I tried it with it off as well. No dice - it "corrects" 464.4625 to 464.4875. BTW, I have confirmed that 464.4625 is correct with DSD+ and other means.

PLEASE help - this is incredibly frustrating :)

Many thanks, all!

theTastyCat

Buddro, is this different than disabling/enabling Flex Step in the general radio settings menu? I did try that...no different :/

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If this is the Dover Site 003 LNC1 I just imported it into my TRX-2 and it keep it at 464.4625 is your firmware up to date? My settings are
PC APP 3.2 BLD 493
CPU FIRMWARE 4.2
DSP FIRMWARE 3.0
LIBRARY 505 with 508 current.

theTastyCat

OK what the heck...why is it working for you but not for me? I haven't hooked it to a PC since the update about two weeks ago that fixed the NXDN bugs - I don't think I've heard of one since. What gives?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not sure that is a system I want to listen to when in range as I am over 60 miles away just trying to help you as you are local to the site. I see Pleasant View Site 018 LNC4 is this your site? I go to Paris and down 641 to Camden often and want to monitor the west side of this system

theTastyCat

Yessir, Pleasant View Site 018 it is. Three adjacent counties use this system for just about everything, so there's a ton of traffic....*unless your TRX-2 won't accept the control channel* :)

SCPD

QRT
I've had this happen to me entering a frequency manually, I found this may sound dumb put a zero at the end or after it fails highlight the frequency after it fails then delete Enter it again.

Hey all - think I *finally* figured out why my local NXDN is dead as a doornail when running as a trunked system but there's tons of traffic when monitoring the freqs conventionally.

The TRX-2 refuses to accept the control channel freq of 464.4625. It's the CC for the Pleasant View site of this system:

Tennessee Homeland Security District 7 NXDN Trunking System, Various, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

Bandplan is set to USA and Flexstep is on, though I tried it with it off as well. No dice - it "corrects" 464.4625 to 464.4875. BTW, I have confirmed that 464.4625 is correct with DSD+ and other means.

PLEASE help - this is incredibly frustrating :)

Many thanks, all!

theTastyCat

Hmm...no luck adding zeros. Also, can't figure out how to highlight/delete a freq - any tips?

Many thanks all!

MichaelBhere

I am running the Jan 20 release and can enter that freq on my TRX-1, are you sure you are running the latest CPU software in your TRX-2?

theTastyCat

Many thanks for the help, all. Long story short I updated again from EZScan and this time it worked - control channel as promised! Now having a different issue (missing traffic and transmissions getting cut short) but will post a new thread. I appreciate you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.