TRX-2 USB Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to dim the LCD when USB Power Charging Backup Battery is displayed. Without unplugging the USB cable. Also does the charging backup battery message ever go away if it is charged?

I have tried different display settings and the LCD lite is always on in this mode.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I had done that the other day. I find I want to keep it plugged in usb and power as I seem to have less problems. Plus I know from the constant unplug and plug of cell phones how the cable or the connector end up.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
TRX-2 Base/Mobile scanner I only plug up the USB cable to update firmware or program the scanner. I am not sure it was meant to work as plugged up all the time. I bought the TRX-2 the day it was released and I have had no battery issues. Just my thoughts as to each their own.

Swipesy

A tip provided me by G&G Communications after repairing my PSR-800 USB port is to buy a 6" pigtail and leave it plugged into the radio. Then plug and unplug the main USB cable into the pig tail cable. Saves stress and wear and tear on the radio port.

cmdrwill

a 6" pigtail and leave it plugged into the radio. Then plug and unplug the main USB cable into the pig tail cable. Saves stress and wear and tear on the radio port.

Yes and the original USB connector, larger one, is much more better! They do not seem to go bad from repeated plugin and unplugging wear.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
The TRX-2 did not work with a pigtail. I did set the litemode to normal and unmute and clock on. This then just displays the clock with no light on. Drawback is that I cannot set the mode to KEY as then the clock displays with the backlight. I did try the unmute setting on and off with no difference.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I am using the power but wish to keep the usb plugged in for updates etc. Especially since the radio is new I am often adding and changing my current scanlists. I have multiple other type units where both power and USB coexist plugged in with no issues.

MichaelBhere

Is there anyway to dim the LCD when USB Power Charging Backup Battery is displayed. Without unplugging the USB cable. Also does the charging backup battery message ever go away if it is charged?

I have tried different display settings and the LCD lite is always on in this mode.

When the scanner is running, set the back light level to something lower. When you shut it off and the clock is displayed, the back light level should be at the stored setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.