TRX-2 V Scanner Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

Not being familiar with WHISTLER / EZ SCAN terminologies, I am not clear on "V-Scanner" Files and their use. I think that they are supplementary config files that the user "may" use and different to the CDAT file presently being used by the operator. Is this correct?

Also, the numbering system used to select a V-Scanner file is confusing in EZ Scan. Is "0" the current CDAT being used or do they start with zero?

Thanks,
Jerry AB5R

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I use V scanner folder to program 2 different areas miles away for my mother, one in NY and one in Phoenix AZ
Vscanners folders they are virtual scanners. If you have a need for different settings from one area to another then vscanner folders are for you.

ab5r

Thanks guys. That is what I suspected, but wasn't sure about when i was copying DB to SD card; it would ask for V-Scanner files to be copied or not.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
ab5r - V scanner folders are used to Create scanner profiles for EACH State you want to scan , this way if you are a Road Warrior and Travel on Roads in the USA or even just FLY to Different Cities frequently then its Conveinent to set up these States and Program the County/City you want Ahead of your Trip. though I think you may have to Update each V Scanner folder on its own when you Update the National Database.

ab5r

Ha Ha At 85, I ah hardly a "Road Warrior." But, I understand and appreciate you answer.

questnz

So, in small Town or City it would be OK to have just one V-Scanner folder with different banks and just assign frequency to different favorite banks. As I am traveling often then setup different V-Scanner profile for overseas Countries, locations and frequencies without messing up my local stuff. How to use scanner easest way ? any advice or clarification will be most appreciated. I am all in favour of KISS principle.
Being grumpy old man I prefer not to press too many buttons either.

PS I am outside US so definately I cant see any need for large number of V-Scanners.

Chris

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
v scanner folders are best left for when you need entirely different scanner settings, Such as different dac, dsp adc for various monitoring locations, other wise for just different locations that don't involve "setting" changes use scanlist and turn them on and off as needed.

questnz

Amigo thanks you for clarification, I originally programed TRX-1 just with one V-Folder including my local frequencies in different skanlists and then I have some European frequencies in one scanlist and overseas Air and transit frequencis in different scanlists. When in Europe I just turned off my local banks and scanned the rest. Recently I reset the scanner to defaults and will try to make things more tidy so was the question. But looks like I am on the right track. In my location I dont have great need to change too many things even most Police still on Analog frequencies !!!?? Only in main centers cops digital and encrypted.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
I have a Pro 668 (1080) and have it Programed for 1 State per V-folder, and each Folder organized by County/City. and one V - folder just for Airshows, has freq lists for Most Popular Airshow freqs , Airports, Airboss, Showplanes, and Marine VHF for Fleetweek.
I could Refine County/City further by Programing just by City/Systems but I like to keep it Simple as I Live in a 9 County Region where many Systems operate the same P25 Systems.

questnz

Yes it make sense, thank you for advice. Country I live is an equivalent of one US State. I may just have one V-Folder and everything else will go to different Scanlists. Separating Local Air, Other Air, Local Police, Other Police, Ambulance, Fire, Utilities etc. Then separate Scanlist for DMR and Digital. Well this a plan anyway, hope will work otherwise I will have to expand V-Folders. I am just trying to make this simple as possible without turning on and off different V-Folders
When I went in to Airshow in Europe I programed TRX-1 with all show frequencies in one Scanlist, including Air show tower, different Teams etc. it took some searching but I was able to obtain just about everything from the attending Team's list suplied by the organisers.
For the next show I just take Uniden 126 it will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.